DOG and Zombies in Deathmatch?

Mr.Awesome

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find any topic like this so here goes... i was playing deathmatch today and in the map dm_overwatch there are zombies in the basement that don't do anything but that you can kill and dog is sitting outside and he doesn't do anything either but you can't kill him. What is this?

I wouldn't say "cheating". Just spawning some NPC's with the console...

Don't worry about it. It was nothing. You saw nothing. It never happened. It was a dream. Go back to your life.

Hey! Check out my post called "Tutorial: Working with NPCs in DM" it's stickied on this forum. Basically, people were spawning these things called NPCs (Non Playable Characters) in the game. Certain NPCs are designed to fight, such as the zombies, certain ones are not, such as the dog. This is why the zombies have health, just like human players, but the dog does not. This leads to you not being able to kill the dog, but being able to kill the zombie. If you check out my tutorial, you'll be able to spawn those things yourself, make them do things other than stand there (such as fight), give them health, etc. Enjoy! =)

--Jimmy

itd be nice to be able to play as Zombies and gman and alyx and eli ect ect

Well... since it's a first person shooter, and you can't see who you're playing as... just imagine that you're whoever you want to be. Hell, pretend you're Abe Lincoln in some sort of anime battlesuit! Your imagination is the only limit!

pur3r4ge said:
Well... since it's a first person shooter, and you can't see who you're playing as... just imagine that you're whoever you want to be. Hell, pretend you're Abe Lincoln in some sort of anime battlesuit! Your imagination is the only limit!

:LOL:
u sure know how to give advice :thumbs:

pur3r4ge said:

:LOL: Bwahahahaha!!! That was classic. :LOL:

pur3r4ge said:

Evil Lincoln SMASH!!!

Back