Dog vs. Garg

Dog vs. Garg, who would win?

• Dog

Votes: 67 54.5%
  • Garg

Votes: 56 45.5%

• Total voters
So which do you think weighs more ... apc or Garg? Cuz if Dog can launch an APC and if it weighs more than Garg, it gives him a point of advantage against him.

Gargantua. Cleary gar- no no, don't interrupt, be quiet, garantua. Yes. That's right.

MuToiD_MaN said:
So which do you think weighs more ... apc or Garg? Cuz if Dog can launch an APC and if it weighs more than Garg, it gives him a point of advantage against him.
I think Garg weighs more than an APC since Garg is more composed of metal. Though, dog will just throw the APC to Garg and ofcourse Garg dies and Dog wins! :thumbs:

I'm voting for "Garg". He(they) just seemed way tougher. It took like all of your RPG rounds, and a bunch of Backpack Bombs to kill him. Maybe a bunch of grenades and the RAD Cannon too. It's been a while, but I know that if you tried to kill him with your weapons he took a while, and you could only do it if you were hiding somewhere that he couldn't reach you.

The first two times you encountered him in-game you had kill him with unique enviroment situations. EX: Catching him between two power generators or hitting him with an AIRSTRIKE.

Dog may be agile, but I doubt throwing ANYTHING at Garg would do serious damage. A car would just stun him a moment, and an explosive barrel or mine would probably smudge his armor. His flame throwers would probably heat up and melt DOG pretty easily.

Also, he may not have been as fast or agile as DOG, but he still wasn't that slow.

Overall, Garg was just cooler than DOG. What kind of a name is "DOG" anyway?

MuToiD_MaN said:
So does that mean you can effectively hurt the garg if you have some sort of non-GARG_DAMAGE weapon that does at least a hundred points of damage at a time? This is assuming the hitpoints in the game are integer values of course.

Yup, a resisted weapon has to deal a large number to even scratch it, because all numbers are rounded to convenient integers.

So, nobody wins. Except me.

-Angry Lawyer

I think I win as well....

maybe...

Yeh, here it is, I dug around in my Valve folder and found this:

HalfLife2.net.ccp said:
If (AngryLawyer->Wins() == true)
{
(Execute)->JandorVictory.exe)
}

I'm getting this strange sensation of lameness. I feel so unclean.

Code:
If (AngryLawyer->IsDrinkingBeer() == true)
{
  AngryLawyer->IsAlwaysRight();
}

Simple enough.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Code:
If (AngryLawyer->IsDrinkingBeer() == true)
{
  AngryLawyer->IsAlwaysRight();
}

Simple enough.

-Angry Lawyer

How can that be, your always wrong? Scripting error.

Oh no, we've reduced ourselves to code humor.

On second thought, I'll sit this one out.

Code:
[ríomhaire
hp=250
ar=600
ab=npc_vortigaunt commander
d type= theories
damage=500]
Code:
[AngryLawyer
hp=50
ar=0
ab=item_beer commander
d type= theories
damage=5]

Code:
If (Jandor->IsPosting() == true)
{
  riomhaire->SetHP() == 5)
  AngryLawyer->SetHP() == 5)
{
  Jandor->Set[Jandor]() == true)
}

[Jandor
hp=700
ar=600
ab=npc_rugged_and_handsome
d type= endless supplys of wit
damage=60]

Oh yeah??

Code:
CBaseEntity  *pPersonToBeAsskicked = NULL;

while((pPersonToBeAsskicked = gEntList.FindEntityByClassname(pPersonToBeAsskicked, "npc_everyone_else_in_this_thread")) != NULL)
{
	this->KickTargetAss(pPersonToBeAsskicked);
}

-Angry Lawyer

Code:
[trigger
cause: AL know code; other users no know code
effect:ent_fire npc_ríomhaire cry ;(]

Strangely enough, my last quoted bit of code actually exists in my mod, albeit with different variable names.

-Angry Lawyer

What kind of mod is it?

One day you're not going to write '-Angry Lawyer' at the end of a post, then I shall strike

It's a real-time-strategy. There's no site for it yet, as I'm focusing on actually getting it to run first. Yes, vortigaunts will feature, albeit in their enslaved form under Xenian control, and possibly as a resistance unit. And I'm not going anywhere near the Combine control theory in the game, because I know you'll blow up in a pyroclasm of vortessence.

And you'll never catch me out with my name signing. Even when absolutely pissed, I still manage to sign.

-Angry Lawyer

Behold!
Code:
char names[NUM_ASSES][MAX_LEN];
for (int i = 0; i < NUM_ASSES; i++)
{
     me->kick_ass_of(i)
     strncpy(names[i], me->take_name_of(i), MAX_LEN);
}

annanukku "o" podu

hai. naanthan fan. naan chennai la irukken.

i go for dog, because i dont know what is garg. i am new to HL.

A "Garg" is a huge Xenian creature with flesh made of something really hard, presumably a metal. It emits flames from its hands, and can stamp the ground to emit some sort of shockwave Gargs are about twice the size of Dog, and probably about ten times the weight.

garg.jpg

-Angry Lawyer

You can kill Garg in HL1 with weapons, it took me some time and a hell of a lot of ammo. But if you are a stubborn creature, it should work in a matter of time. (Tip for anyone who wants to try this out: It takes that amount of time, that you may think it won't work. Use trip mines to finish him off)
Of course, it is easier to kill him with the electric shock.

But now to the point: Garg may be strong but he seems to have a rather low IQ. This you may call AS or artificial stupidity.
I think dog would win, if he got in close enough clean. Then ripping the crap out of Garg with his metal jaws.

Garg may be strong but he seems to have a rather low IQ

At least Garg actually has AI. Dog is completely scripted, apart from the ball catching bit.

-Angry Lawyer

You refuse to see the point don't you.

It's not about coding. It's like asking the question: Batman vs. Wolverine. ;)

Jandor said:

Depends what continuity Wolverine and whether Batman has prep time or not. :p

Sorry I just had to show my geekiness there.

Jandor said:

I'm just playing with ya, kid.

Garg would still win, though. Garg's about three times the size.

-Angry Lawyer

MuToiD_MaN said:
Suddenly I am reminded of this Penny Arcade comic
One of my favorites.

I love that expression on Tycho's face at the end. It's so... so... awesome!

*your houses form the shape of a gigantic WANG!* - Gabe out.

Garg. I remeber the one that chased me on Xen. I was pretty scared.

sorry to keep this thread alive in its last dying breaths but i just had to say garg. definatley garg. it would crush dog easily. ok the end.

Back