Don't drink the water? why, where does it come from?

Jackathan said:
I want gabe pee in my CE water bottle. mmmmm.... :\
I want everybody at Valve to do that with my bottle :)

The image is too dark for me :(

But someone said Dr Breen's private reserve. Which makes me think maybe he did a Palpatine, while secretly plotting to ruin Earth, he was this public figure who tried to help with this "safe water" for people to drink, once they started using that, they began forgetting, getting sluggish, easier for the combine to come along and clean up.

Seems to make sense, its what I'd do anyway :)

Murray_H said:
Nice and bright for you
Ahh cheers Murray. Dunno why some things appear so dark on this monitor. Bane of my life trying to calibrate the two to match.

-

Gonna be interesting to see the reason for it. Hope I'm right :):)

Nice find, thats really good stuff :D do you think we could break it open and all the cans come rolling out?

oldagerocker said:
Nice find, thats really good stuff :D do you think we could break it open and all the cans come rolling out?
I should hope you can do that. Maybe actually drinking from it would blur your vision aswell as increase your health too.

If not "I'm sure you could mod it" ;)

marshmallow said:
If the water harms the memory so much that the man can not even remember how he got to the train station...how did he remember the water did anything to your memory?
The blackout starts after you start drinking, not before. Just like when you consume too much alcohol too fast ;)

- Yellonet

The Dark Elf said:
I should hope you can do that. Maybe actually drinking from it would blur your vision aswell as increase your health too.

If not "I'm sure you could mod it" ;)

i already see it for me.... you open it, it contains bottles/cans.... they all fall... combine soldier come to visit, pickit up, pickit up...

2 hours later you picked all 200 cans/bottles up :p

She said:
You have to.. It's the only water that is clean, beacuse they made all other toxic... or something :)

I doubt that they actually made the other water resources toxic, more believable would be that the other water resources are very near being depleted, and thus by controlling the only clean water they (i.e. Breen/Benefactors) have yet another way to control the citizens, 1984 all over again.

Da Dude said:
i already see it for me.... you open it, it contains bottles/cans.... they all fall... combine soldier come to visit, pickit up, pickit up...

2 hours later you picked all 200 cans/bottles up :p
lol that would be really funny if they did that. Teach people to leave things alone, after carefully manouving 200 physics cans of water back into place, hoping they dont sneeze and knock them all over ;)

Yellonet said:
The blackout starts after you start drinking, not before. Just like when you consume too much alcohol too fast ;)

- Yellonet

doesn't sound logical, as this one person in the trainstation bink says "don't trink the water, it makes you forget" ... so most probably they forget everything from their past - this is also why he "can't even remember how he got [there]"

Maybe gordon has a 'sip from 'ol breens private stash

after all, he's got a lot of horrible things to forget about

how could the guy remember how to talk if it makes him forget everything before he drank it? i think it probbally makes there short term memory go on the fritz and keeps them weak as kittens. my god im talking about something thats not real. :p im scared

i also cant believe that this is my first post :p

Perhaps he heard a rumor about the water before getting there; maybe he's just showing up also, if he's in the trainstation. :afro:
Lethe water, I guess.

The U.S army used to put saltpeter in the water that new recruits dink, I think. It stops male ppl from getting, um, 'excited' if you know what I mean. Not exactly whats going on there, but I guess the whole restrictions on breeding made me think of it. :angel:

Welcome to the forum

And yeah, "making them forget" is probably more a case of just making them drowsy, a little confused, unsure about things around them, not actually forgetting everything.

It's probably nothing more than a kind of tranqualiser in the water, just subdueing the masses.. pretty sure things like that have and continue to be done during wars and in occupied countries. Which I guess is where Marc got the idea from for that.

The Dark Elf said:
The image is too dark for me :(

But someone said Dr Breen's private reserve. Which makes me think maybe he did a Palpatine, while secretly plotting to ruin Earth, he was this public figure who tried to help with this "safe water" for people to drink, once they started using that, they began forgetting, getting sluggish, easier for the combine to come along and clean up.

Seems to make sense, its what I'd do anyway :)

yeah..ur a pretty schemey/conniving one, aren'tcha? :p :devil:

Who isn't, is the real question.

I like the idea of tranquilizers, because it seems more logical than mind erasing drugs. Maybe the combine drink it too, to subdue their evil outbursts. That's why in the trainstation Bink, the combine goes crazy at that guy with the luggage. Proabably low on vitamin C. That's always what my mummy says:
"take your Vitamin C pills so you don't go and blow peoples heads off"
Something along those lines, anyway.

Dr.breen said:
For those that remember or care I am the poster formely known as 'Moderator'

Remember me? the one that posted this image:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/photoshoptester.jpg

The inevitable happened and I was banned (kind of) for using Moderator as a name.

I don't blame them =)
True, you can't blame us, especially as I bent over backwards giving you chances to get your name changed before I finally had no choice but to ban you to prevent it being abused (just incase) :p

Aaaa the problem there was The e-mail address I registered with was one I never use, it was only the other day that I checked it from chance.

It's my own fault, but thanks anyway =)

Dr.breen said:
Aaaa the problem there was The e-mail address I registered with was one I never use, it was only the other day that I checked it from chance.

It's my own fault, but thanks anyway =)
*slaps your wrists* yes, its your fault :D

anyway no harm done, like I said in the email it wouldn't have been permanent, was just until the name was changed

tbh though it was kinda our fault.. names like that shouldn't have been available to users in the first place.

Back