Dont expect it on Sept 30th until its...

I think it will be on september 30th. Because the game has been under developement for 5 years im sure they chose the date wisely enough to hit it right.

Originally posted by talleyban
... But waiting for it will be nothing... I've been following Doom 3 for like two years, etc.

yeah... hardly the same though is it?

And then Valve suprises the world and releases next week. The swarms of gamers and dedicated fans cause a market overload, completely destroying the US economy. The second great depression leaks into other countries around the world. We enter a new Dark Age, but no one really cares because they got their Half-Life 2 months earlier.

Sorry I was bored.

I was talking to Sniper last nite on the phone about an email I got from Chris somebody (he's from Valve) and we came to a number of conclusions:

1. Valve answer ALL emails

yeah, could you tell that to the Valve-employees I've emailed? I don't think they know of it yet :D

actually, I've only sent one mail to them (Erik J) but still, I got no response what so ever. My friend threw away an email in their general direction as well, and he, like me, never got a reply :(

Originally posted by Murray_H
Just imagine if no-one anywhere knew about HL2, and it just turned up in every store......that would have been incredible
I really, really wanted them to do that. It would've been so weird.

The only problem with the "just showing up in stores" fantasy, is that half of us would buy it, bring it home and be like "F@!K, now I gotta buy a new Video Card and CPU!!!"

Right now Im saving up to buy these things, my computer now could handle it at 1024x768, but I want the 1600x1200 all eye candy on. Im such a greedy, ungrateful nerd.

Ah-haah, good point.
I'm in the I-Must-Upgrade-But-Have-No-Money Club. 'Tis a depressing place.

I, for one, would be surprised if Valve didn't hit their release date. For one, it is very uncharacteristic for a developer to name a specific release day. They'll usually give very round about predictions, like September 2003, or Fall 2003, or even second half 2003, but rarely will they name a specific day. This leads me to believe that Valve is very confident they will make the release date.

Well maybe shotgun become empty and he is drop shtog. to pick up Rocket Laucher.
Thinking positivly people if Valve say "Relase date for Half-Life 2 is Septembar 30 2003 that is sure."

Originally posted by Mountain Man
I, for one, would be surprised if Valve didn't hit their release date. For one, it is very uncharacteristic for a developer to name a specific release day. They'll usually give very round about predictions, like September 2003, or Fall 2003, or even second half 2003, but rarely will they name a specific day. This leads me to believe that Valve is very confident they will make the release date.

[laugh]
As if they've followed the norm by releasing *0* information until 5 months before their projected release date.

[yawn] And now that I re-read it, that is perfectly clear mountain. I must be tired. NAP TIME!

Originally posted by Mountain Man

Took the words right out of my mouth. Good point. ;)

It will be released on time. Don't stress.

Originally posted by Shockwave
gone gold...then we are guarunteed that it will be out on that date. Other than that its all speculation. For me personally I think its gonna be at least one month late.

You can just by comments from gabe since the initiall announcement of hl2 a couple months ago to his most recent remarks over the last two weeks that they are getting more and more unsure that it will be(not saying it though, but they are not guarunteeing a 9/30 release like they were a couple months ago)

Actually, what you are doin is called speculation...not Valve giving a release date.

Another point, Valve has repeatedly and emphatically stated that the game will be released on September 30th. Do you honestly think they'd be making such a big deal if there was the slightest chance they wouldn't hit it? They're staking their reputation on this one, and I doubt they are doing so casually.

Originally posted by nietzsche
If you look at the delayed release dates of all the other titles on the market, the odds are against Valve Software.

In case you haven't noticed... Valve isn't like the other's.

Nuff' said.

Erm, the thing is, the reason I (and others) get replies is cos we ask good questions... no offence. ;)

Valve is gonna make the exact date, 5 years to the day that HL was released. That has style. And Valve have style in bucket-loads

If they release it in November that would be right in the middle on my final exams!!! If that is the case I will become one truly pissed off geek!:flame:

Nah, I think it'll be on time. Valve has been working on it for years and has only revealed it now. They did that for a reason. I don't think they'll delay it. And even if it gets delayed, it will only be like for a week at most I think.

Originally posted by mrBadger
Erm, the thing is, the reason I (and others) get replies is cos we ask good questions... no offence. ;)

Valve is gonna make the exact date, 5 years to the day that HL was released. That has style. And Valve have style in bucket-loads
That would be really stupid, to announce a release date of September 30 and then say, "Oh, we're going to delay it for few weeks so we can release it on the 5th anniversary of the first game." If they wanted an anniversary release then they would have said so upfont.

Until they specifically say otherwise, the release date is September 30, 2003.

I'de have to join the "on time" club simply because I think valve was slient about HL2 all these years so they would be sure to make their first release date.

-Straylight

come to think of it...Valve never defined a specific year. :p

It will come on time. The movies we have been seeing have been all from builds in like September havnt they? So by the time we got to see them Valve was probably already a long way ahead of those videos. I don't think the odds are against Valve because they have not followed any of the usual marketing procedures of announcing a game as soon as development starts. They had all the time they needed to get the timing right for when they would announce its existance and have a very diffinitive date of when the game will be finished.

Originally posted by El_Chi
Ah-haah, good point.
I'm in the I-Must-Upgrade-But-Have-No-Money Club. 'Tis a depressing place.
You're in the club? Wow what a small world! I just happen to be the president of the club. btw your membership fees are due. Please paypal them to my account immediatley.

Back