Don't you wonder why no screenies?

S

Slim

The fact that there is only one screenshot available makes me think they are so far behind in this game that they can't make more. If they could they would. It's called MARKETING. Some companies like to MARKET their products ahead of time. Some people call it ADVERTISING. I guess this product is soooo special that these ideas don't apply or the game is just not done at all. :frown:

Actually, I don't wonder.

The people who are doing DOD:S were working full time on HL2 and CS:S up until a couple weeks ago. Therefore at this time they have only just started to do any serious work on DOD:S. Therefore they don't have anything that would be worth releasing yet.

As for a release date, the only thing I've heard is "when it's done". I'm personally expecting to not see any sort of release until December at the absolute earliest.

Diazo

Let's go ahead and bitch at a product when we don't even have a rough release date estimate. Serously, that sounds like fun.

You can't say that a game is far behind in development when you don't even have a rough estimate as to when it will be released. This is compounded by the fact that the DOD team has had little time to work on DOD:S since they've been working on HL2 for a long period of time.

You're only making yourself sound like an impatient SOB.

half-life 2 is dated Nov 16, right?
HL2 silver comes with DoD:S and the rest, right?
so isnt it logical to assume it will be out for Nov 16?

common sense strikes again!

neptuneuk said:
half-life 2 is dated Nov 16, right?
HL2 silver comes with DoD:S and the rest, right?
so isnt it logical to assume it will be out for Nov 16?

common sense strikes again!
Look at the little * after Day of Defeat: Source and than look down the page "To be released when finished".

Absinthe said:
Let's go ahead and bitch at a product when we don't even have a rough release date estimate. Serously, that sounds like fun.

You can't say that a game is far behind in development when you don't even have a rough estimate as to when it will be released. This is compounded by the fact that the DOD team has had little time to work on DOD:S since they've been working on HL2 for a long period of time.

You're only making yourself sound like an impatient SOB.

They charged my credit card for $59 for the Silver Package, which I purchased specifically for the DOD source game. I think once you take someones money there is an inherent duty to deliver a product or service in a timely fashion. The reason I purchased early is to avoid the bogged down servers that will be the situation at Steam when the game is actually released. They should not charge my card if they don't actually deliver a product. I shouldn't have to preload the game early in order to own it without suffering with Steam. They shouldn't take money for a game that does not exist. I think the real case that could be made against me is my foolishness for allowing Valve to take my money early. I really thought that the porting process was very straightforward and it would be out shortly after CS Source. Silly, silly me. Well live and learn. I don't care for CS Source although it is very pretty. I guess they will invest my money wisely. Hopefully they will hire enough people to start work on DOD source and finish it. If you preorder a game at Amazon or EB they don't charge your card until the game ships. I wonder why they don't take your money immediately. Maybe they should consult with Valve and see how it's done...legally.

morons there are screenez just look on dayofdefeat.net forums

not the jaged pic thats a fakor

but there are official released pics

You are talking like they pushed you on the floor, held you down and stole your money, you willingly paid for the game at your own free will without seeing any media, if you dont like buying stuff you cant see, why did you?

Personaly i think CS:Source and day of defeats reputation alone sells dod:s to its target audience.

Lobster said:
You are talking like they pushed you on the floor, held you down and stole your money, you willingly paid for the game at your own free will without seeing any media, if you dont like buying stuff you cant see, why did you?

Personaly i think CS:Source and day of defeats reputation alone sells dod:s to its target audience.

You are right. I stand corrected. I agree. I hope I learn but I doubt it. Once I get fixated on a game, I must have it. I hope it works out. It probably will and I will stop whining. Sorry. :cheese:

Although Slim was whining in one of his posts his original point is correct. There are no screenshots for a very good reason. The game does not yet exist and therefore there are no screenshots to be had. It is not that they are being secretive. They simply had not even started on the DOD portion of their titles since CS and HalfLife consumed all their efforts. It is not a slam. Just ignore all those phony screenshots and when they have the game in progress you can expect the developers to tease us with screenies. You know, get the salivary glands going. I get the feeling this game will not be delivered even this year. Oh well. BTW this is not a whine, just reasonable conjecture based upon scant information offered to the public through the developers posts. :bounce:

Why are you talking about yourself from the third person?

There's no point in initiating salivar gland ...salivarage if it means you have to wait another year.

Didn't we all learn our lesson as fans when HL2 was announced way too early? The longer they keep it a secret the better for our sanity.

When it's done it'll be out

Posting on a forum will not make them work any faster

Dude, just chill man, you should be playing HL2 well past the release date of DOD:S. Patience man, patience.

Concerning the lack of screenshots, that is most likely a choice on Valve's part. Why? I don't know, and neither does anyone else, only Valve, but we have speculation. So I "speculate" that the reason no other screens have appeared is that Valve is wanting to bring DOD:S to a level they find appropriate, quality/visual-wise, and that they have become a little less, "release" friendly (i.e. dates, screens, etc...) due to their troubled history and people's reactions to said mistakes (which were and still are completely unnecessary.

Slim said:
They charged my credit card for $59 for the Silver Package, which I purchased specifically for the DOD source game. I think once you take someones money there is an inherent duty to deliver a product or service in a timely fashion. The reason I purchased early is to avoid the bogged down servers that will be the situation at Steam when the game is actually released. They should not charge my card if they don't actually deliver a product. I shouldn't have to preload the game early in order to own it without suffering with Steam. They shouldn't take money for a game that does not exist. I think the real case that could be made against me is my foolishness for allowing Valve to take my money early. I really thought that the porting process was very straightforward and it would be out shortly after CS Source. Silly, silly me. Well live and learn. I don't care for CS Source although it is very pretty. I guess they will invest my money wisely. Hopefully they will hire enough people to start work on DOD source and finish it. If you preorder a game at Amazon or EB they don't charge your card until the game ships. I wonder why they don't take your money immediately. Maybe they should consult with Valve and see how it's done...legally.

They had it labelled BEFORE the steam packages were for sale that some stuff won't be available until after release, so suck it up.

If you had played DoD for very long, you'd realise the dev team don't give many screenies out, and when they do, the patch (or game in this case) will be coming 'soon'.

I know when its coming out. Pm me for my leaked data, and its gonna cost you.

Mr-Fusion said:
Why are you talking about yourself from the third person?...

Yeah what's up with that Slim dude? I mean first he starts a whiney thread and then he starts talking about himself in the 3rd person. Who the h*ll does he think he is? Bob Dole or what??? Some one needs to tell him to stop boring us with his spammey and useless posts. :E

Back