doom 3 a joke?

Hl2 will be fun
Doom3 will be fun.

Why the @£$£$ can't we just be happy about that?!?

Doom III will be scary as shit, that's all I know. I can't wait.

Well i am a big fan of "Alien"..a liked the scary crampy atmosphere and it was an awasome experience too see due to the excellent artwork and movieset,ahead of it's time in '79..that's off topic you think but...
... ID has hired some people from the movie bussenis ,and if they do their job good i'm shure it will be a scary horror movie like experience playing Doom3 and that's their intention

All screenshots look flat..... maybe becuase they are....
try playign it (real game or alpha). They aren't so flat an polygonal then.

"D3 sucks. No originality, or creativity.
Nothing compared to HL2!"

Well comone, It's a remake of the game that brought FPS to the world.... Doom is Half Life's Daddy, and D3 is the remake of it. However, it's not just a plain remake. How do you know about the game?

What you guys are saying about Doom III is like what the Doom III fanboys are proberly saying about HL2. They'll jsut use the crowbar and things as thier examples.

Open your eyes people. HL2 isn't the end-all FPS.

I hate it when ppl say that without Doom we wouldnt have all these games like HL and the likes. We would trust me. Doom just put FPS's in ppl's faces which it definatley should be commended for. But believe me if there was no doom im sure other ppl were thinking about FPS's as well. But Doom III does look superb. If you have seen the newest E3 trailer though the storyling looks like it was strait ripped out of HL.Granted HL wasnt the first game to have that kind of storyline but the unique things that made HL's story line a little different from the other similar games all seem present in the DoomIII trailer. I must say that I wish we could combine the features of both engines to have one ultimate engine cause they both have advantages as disadvantages judging from the screenies and the alpha.

The perpixel shadows are gorgeous in DoomIII but it seems that HL2 will have this to some degree. I think that it just looks more beautiful in Doom III because the enviornments are much more closed it seems then in HL2. But i havent played the full game yet.

Now i am to tired to keep writing so i am ending it here. Carry on with the comparison

Originally posted by Dr.Sbaitso
If you have seen the newest E3 trailer though the storyling looks like it was strait ripped out of HL.Granted HL wasnt the first game to have that kind of storyline but the unique things that made HL's story line a little different from the other similar games all seem present in the DoomIII trailer.

Straight out of HL? Basicly, It's a remake of Doom I, which came far before HL...

I never said that we wouldn't have FPS w/o Doom, I'm just saying that it was doom that brought it to hte publics attention.

Indeed ..the DOOM1 story line (Doom3)came way before HL1--->on a mars base experiments with teleportation technology are taking place...something goes wrong and they create a gate to hell..just a basic horror scenario...

And you just can't compare a flat screenshot to a game in motion...the screenshots of HL2 also nearly come close to the quality of the movie material..most doom3 screenshots don't do the game any justice..you have to see it in motion with the shadows etc...

According to Maximum PC magazine D3 won't be out until sometime 2004.

My guess is because the hardware to run it doesn't exist at the moment.

Half-life is a ripoff of doom. think abou it. Scientists open a hole to another world, aliens come out of it, they were experimenting with damn portals for god sakes! Have fun with your excellent box throwing gameplay in hl2 :rolleyes:

Doom 3 will be out when it's done. id has not given any release info other than that.

Least neither will turn into Duke Nukem Forever. When was that announced? 98 wasent it? When it was on the Quake 2 Engine, then the Unreal Engine now rumors of it being built on the Source Engine. Cant even begin to imagine how much that has cost 3DRealms so far.

Doom 3 has better lighting than Half-life 2. Half Life 2 has other things better though.

Originally posted by Reaper978
Half-life is a ripoff of doom. think abou it. Scientists open a hole to another world, aliens come out of it, they were experimenting with damn portals for god sakes! Have fun with your excellent box throwing gameplay in hl2 :rolleyes:
just because the games have similar storylines. (doom's story was very limited, while half-life's was based off a writen book, yea but okay it was a ripoff if you say it was) .. does that mean that half-life can't be enjoyable or good?

So many story's have been told in books and movies..hard to be original these days..if a game is exciting and fun to play it's more then enough ..so was doom and so was hl1..

if people start bitchin about doom3 with weak arguments like doom3(re of doom1) story is ripped from hl1 you can expect such reactions

I now notice the first thread .... Pales in comparison? What a load of shit, especially since Doom 3 does have certain edges on the graphics.

me thinks it'
s 2 different games... and 2 different fanbases of course, but i think the force of doom 3 will be the gfx and the force of HL2 the modding :)

i think ur completely right...i mean its the truth and nothing but...
stop saying ur gonna buy D3, why would you wonna by that? tell me how you the gameplay is gonna rock you?

Originally posted by Nostradamus
me thinks it'
s 2 different games... and 2 different fanbases of course, but i think the force of doom 3 will be the gfx and the force of HL2 the modding :)

yes the modding....:eek:

Back