Doom 3 expansion pack announced

Who brought HL2 as main point in conversation? Last time I checked I've only been speaking about D3 in this thread with one(1) mention of HL2 as one of the other games I looked forward to. How did this become into a VS thread exactly?

Rico said:
Ohh boy... another 20 hours of running mindlessly through metal corridors that always look the same to shoot the same imps waiting around the corner... again!

8 players? AMAZING!

Another shotgun?! The arsenal is so varied! We have the machinegun, the bigger machinegun, the pistol, the plasma gun, the bigger plasma gun (BFG) and now we have the shotgun and the bigger shotgun! Yay!

Can you tell I'm not impressed? Doom 3 would have been a nice game to release in 1997, today it just seems old and uninspired in my opinion.

LOL, i agree completely :D

8 players? thats really pushing the boundries of teh interweb!! :D

*edit*

and Lt. Drebin... dunno if they do it over in america, but over here we have a refund policy that allows us to get a completely legitimate refund of all our money if we bring the game back in under a month with the recipt (well thats how it is for HMV and vigin megastores.. i dont like GAME because they only do a 7 day refund policy :( ). i could have given the game back, but personally i like it. its not the best game in the world (and i havent got round to completing it yet :D im just about to enter hell) but its pretty damn polished.

Rico said:
I see... so apparently if a game has a good demo the final game will be good too?

Demos are nice sometimes but you're a fool if you believe they give you an accurate gauge of what the game is actually like. Why do you think developers try to cram in the coolest features/part of the game in videos and trailers? What makes you think they won't put in "the best 15 minutes of the game" in the demo?

In reality I actually enjoyed the beginning of D3 quite a bit but it's the fact that the middle and endgame were so bad that makes me say it's a bad game. I really don't care if you have "sympathy' for me because I never asked for it did I? I really could care less what some guy who tries to play shrink online thinks of my opinions.

Your whole post is so full of holes that I won't even try to tear it all apart, I'll just sum up your whole mindset in a sentence for you to read later and see how ridiculous it is:

If you buy a game you have no right to say it sucks.

That's what I see when I read your post, do you expect me to take you seriously or are you just a fanboy trying to act reasonable?

You're absolutly right.

You are entitled to your opinion and I apologize if I offended you.

You have every right to dislike the game. But you should at least see how that appears to someone on the opposite end reading your post. "The game was horrible, but I still bought it and then managed to play it end to end for 20 hours".

Although it's not the way I prefer to do things, I understand demos and reveiws can be misleading. I do however feel Doom 3 has gotten fair scores overall and did initially as well.

On the other hand, you have no right to comment on the expansion pack. It's not out yet. Nobody's seen it, heard it, played it or smelt it and thats not fair to call it mindless at this point. A lot of things can be changed in an expansion from the original that may appeal to you.

"Doom 3: the expansion!!! - now with double barrelled shotgun! - and textures!!"

Wow all those concepts look sweet. I love tthe spectre one, creeeeepy

Back