Doom 3 is coming .. (to compusa)

gulo

Reaction score
Hey
I checked our inventory system at CompUSA and now it shows we have 60 copies of Doom 3 on pre-order at the store..that's pretty sweet, that means they are going to be shipped to the store very soon...can't wait to see all the doom goodness arrive at the warehouse, though I will be really mad that I can't buy it until it's released (there's $10000 fine on selling stuff before release date)

I am just going to be standing outside EB games when it opens ... You will be sure to get a copy if you are the first in line!

so who will be open at midnight ? I know compusa will be not...
I wonder how fast we will sell out, I mean 60 copies is quite a lot + all die hard fans will have it by the time we open at 9am heh

Come to think of it Wall Mart is open 24/7 maybe I will get a copy there ...

quick thinking right there ;P
just pricematch it at wallmart with whoever has the best price. I sometimes do it on DVD's that I just have to get asap :p

gulo said:
Hey
I checked our inventory system at CompUSA and now it shows we have 60 copies of Doom 3 on pre-order at the store..that's pretty sweet, that means they are going to be shipped to the store very soon...can't wait to see all the doom goodness arrive at the warehouse, though I will be really mad that I can't buy it until it's released (there's $10000 fine on selling stuff before release date)

$10,000?

That's not so bad really, considering..... :naughty:

it's gonna be five bucks cheaper at wal-mart then eb-games....if your gonna wait in line for doom3, might as well get a discount while your at it

I am surprised that Wal Mart would carry that game since Wal Mart is a wholsesome family values store.

chu said:
I am surprised that Wal Mart would carry that game since Wal Mart is a wholsesome family values store.

Uhm.. they have all sorts of M rated games. AND R movies.

They do, however, have computers prompt to check if the customer is 17+ to buy M games.

You're thinking of music.. they sell edited CDs, which is annoying, but you can also buy the normal ones there too

Considering Wallmart sells EDITED explicit lyrics ONLY i dont think they will carry doom3 or atleast have an edited version

I'm proud to say I have never been to a Walmart. In fact, I have never even seen a Walmart in person. Trashy store anyway.

They'll have it... but don't count on them having it out at midnight... it'll prolly be a couple weeks. :p

Letters said:
They'll have it... but don't count on them having it out at midnight... it'll prolly be a couple weeks. :p

yes, next to the giant plastic cross :p

gulo said:
Hey
W00T
I'll stash my copy the day before. ;)

"PLEASE! don't let that game suck."

snak3y3z1001 said:
I preorder mine off bestbuy. Free shipping as well as some goodies.

Why do people pre-order online? Its faster and easier to pre-order at a store like bestbuy or compusa.

Letters said:
They had Halo PC 2 days before it was released in Best Buy, EB, etc.

well I'll just call wall-mart and see if they got it or not...still wondering if other stores will have sale on it or if it's gonna be $55 everywhere...seems a little bit steep to me.

now what's *really* bugging me is how can someone not seen a wallmart ?? they are everywhere I go...

Walmart is weird in that way - they sometimes have games right at the release date, and other times weeks late. If i were to go at midnight and wait, i'd call beforehand to see if they are going to have it in at midnight...

But, i pre-ordered at Gamestop with that freeshipping code =)

Neutrino said:
$10,000?

That's not so bad really, considering..... :naughty:

Actually, It's a $50,000 dollar fine to the company, and upto $1,000 fine for the individual person.

blahblahblah said:
Why do people pre-order online? Its faster and easier to pre-order at a store like bestbuy or compusa.

I pre-ordered Doom3 because it was free shipping, so I got it cheaper than in stores, and the free shipping is overnight, so it's pretty much guaranteed I'll be getting it August 3rd, and at the latest August 4th. The stores around my area usually get games a day or two after it's officially out.

Plus I don't feel like getting out and driving over to the store when I can have it delivered to my door, and for cheaper to boot.

tokin said:
Considering Wallmart sells EDITED explicit lyrics ONLY i dont think they will carry doom3 or atleast have an edited version

I repeat, WalMart sells M rated games. THEY SELL M RATED GAMES. They're not edited.

Next thing I know, you'll be telling me they sell censored R rated movies.. :rolleyes:

SidewinderX143 said:
Actually, It's a $50,000 dollar fine to the company, and upto $1,000 fine for the individual person.

Meh, so you lose your job, get sued, and pay $1000 for an early chance at D3. Sounds like a fair deal.

well actually I can't sell it to myself because I am not cashier, so there is no way for me to get it..unless they sell it to me under diff SKU *OR* we open it for in-store demo use and I just make a copy for myself so I can SP at home and then just get full game when it comes out..hmmmm :)

blahblahblah said:
Consider it was $54 flat, free overnight shipping and free goodies, I dont have to carry my lazy ass to the store. In NYC, only stores that i know of that sells PC games are like Bestbuy and CompUSA. And they are prtty far. Need to take a 45+min ride on the subway to get to them.

Yup. It's well worth it, and convenient. I plan to do the same thing with Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 as well.

Ive been asking at the EBGames in the mall where i work (in Sears), and they keep telling me that it is going to be available on the fourth. I really don't want to buy from them because they seem so arrogant... when I first asked, one guy looked at the other guy, and the other guy said "august." Duh. I asked for a date, they said, "Well, it depends on which other stores have it available around here, and when the publisher wants to let the stores sell it. We might have it here in the store on the 3rd, but we can't sell it to you then."

I just walked out, I already have the $5.00 reserve on it, so I'll be getting it from there anyways.

I'll call Wallmart and ask if they'll have it at Midnight (never thought about that) but chances are I'll bounce from Best Buy to EB, get it from whoever has the copy first, and get my preorder money back from the other guy.

I see myself waiting outside BestBuy until they open on both the Doom3 and HL2 release dates. I can't say that for any other game that has ever come out ;)

Eywanadi said:
I am just going to be standing outside EB games when it opens ... You will be sure to get a copy if you are the first in line!

and i can be last in line and will still get my copy.. don't u just love pre-orders? :cheese:

but anyways.. u won't catch me last in line for this game.. besides i have a plane to catch right after i pick up my game :p

wohooo...now we have 91 on order ! looks like there will be a huge shipment coming in...can't wait.
that way I dont think we will sell out that quickly...
now if only I didnt have 5 people every day looking for x800xt :)

Back