Doom III out-presells Half Life 2...

Doom 3 was announced long before HL2 was.

Also, who cares, frankly? Both games are going to sell a lot. I expect HL2 will "win" in the end. Both companies make a shedload of cash, we get two kick-arse games to play. The winner? Everyone.

Irrelevant! HL2 is a far superior game, period. None other can hold a candle to it.

Look if you've shot at one Hell's Demon with a chain gun, you've shot at them all.

HL2's story is alone garnering as much anticipation as anything else.

So much fanboyism

A2597 said:
I predict more people that buy Doom3 will demand a refund when they learn there is no plot.
Bicka said:
and lack of decent multiplayer.

Whats the max no. of players again? 4. 8.?

You guys should get up to date with Doom 3 and read some articles.

Oh come on! Both games are going to be good. As PiMuRho said, everyone's a winner. Well, everyone with a spare £60 anyway.

Doom III has more pre-orders because after one too many missed deadlines, nobody trusts HL2 to come out when it's meant to. I wouldn't pre-order it in case it slipped again. I'll only buy it when I see it in the shops.

HL will always sell more then Quake, Doom, FEAR and Stalke all put together. VALVe will go out to dinner and rent Paris.

perhaps this is because no one really knows when hl2 is gonna be out!?
and who buys games from amazon anyways.. psh

That's not good information.

1) Not everyone buys from Amazon
2) I, for one, plan to pre-order HL2, but I don't want to until I know a release date

How can you think Doom 3 SP is better than HL2 SP?

Doom 3 has laser-wielding zombies, HL2 has 50 foot tall creatures that shoot disruption beams.

Foxtrot said:
I am not going to buy Doom 3, I might pirate it but it doesn't look that good. I will beat it in 20 hours and have to desire to ever play it again.
thats goin in my sig :thumbs:

I pre-ordered both games on Amazon. Right now you get $15 off the total price for buying both games at once, so I thought why the hell not. I'm sure both games will be enjoyable, and i'm a big fan of both series.

Learn to Play Chess with Fritz and Chesster has also outsold Half-Life 2. :\

mobA said:
According to Amazon.com, Doom III is ranked #14 among the Top Selling PC Games. While Half Life 2 is quite aways behind at #30. Doom III is even $5.00 more than Half Life 2!

Why do you think this is?...Is it too early to tell?...Do more people like Doom III over Half Life 2? Just curious.

Amazon? Only soccer moms shop at Amazon for gifts for their braindead kids.

But seriously - I would trust a website such as EB or Gamestop way more than Amazon. They're more gamer-centered.

also note that many people pre-ordered hl2 for sep 30th release last year, but now much less people want to pre-order for fear of another delay. so, many people are just waiting for the game to be on the shelf

There is also alot of confusion with the different versions of HL2 that will be released.

I want the SE verison but since no one has that up for a pre-selling I havn't bothered to pre-order any version of HL2 yet.

mobA said:
And it also indicates that less people are buying Half Life 2 through amazon.
Thats because true HL fans dont want to wait a day to get the game.

poseyjmac said:
also note that many people pre-ordered hl2 for sep 30th release last year, but now much less people want to pre-order for fear of another delay. so, many people are just waiting for the game to be on the shelf
I cancled my preorder on Amazon because I want to have the game the moment it comes out and definatly not a full day later.........Thats just crazy!

i canceled my pre-order because valve pissed me off.

If Doom3 comes out before HL2, well, dont really matter, i'm still going to buy both :p

Im not at all intrested in Doom, I didn't play the other games. HL is what I know, that and rocket surgery. :E

i th1nk its cuz doom three is a sure th1ng but no 1 really nos with halflife b-cuz they r st1ll new 2 gamez. plus with carmack u can be sure u will get tha best grafix but who nos wit halflife could b good i guess.

but whuts wit tha blu3 tenticle that is gay. plus doom three has better zombies i mean whut is up wit tha stick finger zombies in halflife? lame.

=1nfiltrat0r= said:
i th1nk its cuz doom three is a sure th1ng but no 1 really nos with halflife b-cuz they r st1ll new 2 gamez. plus with carmack u can be sure u will get tha best grafix but who nos wit halflife could b good i guess.

but whuts wit tha blu3 tenticle that is gay. plus doom three has better zombies i mean whut is up wit tha stick finger zombies in halflife? lame.

I think you just said something, but I can't be sure.

I'm getting both. However, I have a bad feeling that Doom III would be extremely sluggish on my machine even with low settings... gonna have to rely on the demo (and I know they'll eventually release one...) for my final input.

I don't need a demo to believe that HL2 is gonna be cool, but it'd be cool if Valve pulled an "Uplink"* and gave a "demo" of sorts.

*-For the clueless, Half-Life's "demo" was rather a short mission taking place in the HL timeline. You still played Gordon, and it was basically the same HL you knew and loved. You can download it, or play it as a HL mod (if you look hard enough). It's not bad, really.

Back