Doom3 getting a gravity gun !?

Prince of China said:
I thought that She was a female.
She is a boy?

She is a guy from japan or china, someplace like that, apartently "She" means "Death".

She is from Japan.
I'm pretty sure that 'She' isn't mandarin for death.
Edit: I just remembered something. I remember a thread where some guy had trouble because his girlfriend doesn't let him play video games and he really wanted Half-Life 2 and the debate got pretty big and I remember She saying something like,
Of course, us girls are only for entertainment purposes only.
Note: She was being sarcastic.

Prince of China said:
She is from Japan.
I'm pretty sure the 'She' isn't mandarin for death.

It's pretty close though. If you change the e sound.

Raziaar said:
Well first off, Doom wasn't 3d either, it was also 2.5d as well.

I think we're all aware of that.

Secondly, the aliens didn't kill everybody in Half-life. Many scientists were still alive, and the marines were getting the upperhand advantage or so it appeared for quite a while.

Oh, what a difference that makes. As I said, trivial details do not change the fact that they have extremely similiar story lines.

Prince of China said:
Doom delt with demons and hell, Half-Life delt with aliens and space.

Again trivial things, still Half-Life presented the story way better than Doom which was basically just run and gun.

Guys, you do realize that similar plotlines have been done in countless sci-fi movies and novels. Doom clearly ripped it's plot out of one of those, and Half-Life admittedly ripped its basis from a Steven King short story. They did not copy each other, the basic premise is a very popular scientific theme.

Ignorant humans overstep their bounds, some kind of formidable force is unleashed, the hero saves the day. That describes like 95% of all science fiction works.

wait, wait... the grabber. haaaaahahhahahhahhaha. you know, if you're going to copy something because you think it's cool, at least make it sound respectable. sounds to me like the nickname for a perv, not a weapon in a video game.

I guess I'm the only one that likes the 'grabber' name then? It has a funny ring to it :)

Who cares if it is a rip off? It better be a well executed rip off.

If the Vagarys are any indication, Doom 3 can easily do the physics.

Bruisers - Half mecahnical monsters with computer monitors for there mouth, they have a tendency to hide as wall monitors and then bust through the walls after you.
That has to be nominated for stupidest video game idea of the year...or decade........or ever.

Back