Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Halo 2

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Half-Life 2

Votes: 51 75.0%

• Total voters

Pressure

Reaction score
Said it in the forum discription, so I thought why not! In the words of a CS player, Go go go!

Considering that the pole is in a Half-life 2 forum, and one of the choices is Half-life 2, I think we all know what game will win..

Doom 3.

Just kidding.

hay u forgot fear!! oh ya it looks crap
never mind

Pressure said:
Someone vote Doom 3. Its gonna be out sooner.

I think Doom 3's mods will be great, but the game itself just doesn't cut it for me. At least when compared to Stalker and HL2.

It looks like they just chucked as much technology as they could into it at random.

And no X-box = no Halo 2.

I think Doom 3 will have some interesting game play. I wanna see what mods they'll do for it.

Halo 2 is definitely in the same class. I'd trust Bungie with a single-player game much more than I'd trust ID. Wait till these games are released. You'll see the light eventually.

another one of these?? dont people know that hl2 will win everytime on this forum.

meh.

DarkStar said:
Halo 2 is definitely in the same class.

Not in my book. But halo fanboys are even worse than hl2(yes i am a hl2 fanboy) and doom2.9 fanboys.....so who am i to argue?

Halo is like counterstrike.....its a decent game but its ruined by the idiots that play it.

x84D80Yx said:
another one of these?? dont people know that hl2 will win everytime on this forum.

meh.

I think the point really is to see which game HL2.net users concider to be in the same class with HL2. Half-Life 2 itself is included in the poll only because this indeed is a HL2 forum. I voted Doom 3 by the way

Halo2 will own them both for fun, doom3 wills care the shit out of u and hl2 will have some good multiplayer mods. Thats about all that needs to be said.

I voted halo 2

Can't decide untill they're all released .......... although i'm most excited by Halo 2 at the moment.

crabcakes66 said:
Not in my book. But halo fanboys are even worse than hl2(yes i am a hl2 fanboy) and doom2.9 fanboys.....so who am i to argue?

Halo is like counterstrike.....its a decent game but its ruined by the idiots that play it.

That's a massive load of bollox.

I genuinly love Halo (on the XBox. The pc version was very average tho)

There's no right or wrong in things like this - it's all subjective.

it was average on pc if you didnt use a controller :p,, and the fact that PC pretty much exposes the graphical quality for what it really is doesnt atall help.. The only thing I suppose that made me remotely a bit exited about Halo 2, was all the OOO's and AAA's that all the people in the vid where giving off.. watching it without the sound...with announcement and crowd gone, it didnt have anywhere near as big a impact. it also looks like Bungie should of done this for their first Halo game. But on Xbox.. it seems as though its a year late? yet people still find it impressive? because you can play as a covenant in Multiplayer now?? :p

DooM III gets my vote, I hope that alot of great agmes are built on the engine, i also have faith in iD to get support for licences due to the fact that alot of games used Quake III for their games.
Half-life 2 will proberly be a better game but i think that Valve may be too wrapped up in the old mods for us to see the true power of the engine. Eg i would rather a brank new Cs than Cs with some nice effects

What they showed was CS: Source not CS2 (stated in the Valve info thread). IMO, it was a very smart move because they will bring a lot of the hardcore CS fans over to the Source engine (then those people might pay for some of the premium mods, or they might buy HL2 after seeing how good CS looks on the new engine) while they can still make a whole new game for everyone else. They might have even been able to interchange a good chunk of the textures/models to cut down on the dev time of the updated CS.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

In all honesty I'm getting all three. I assume that Doom 3 is going to be out the earliest but I don't know that for sure.

Pressure said:
In all honesty I'm getting all three. I assume that Doom 3 is going to be out the earliest but I don't know that for sure.

I hear that :) How could any FPS fan miss out on any of them?? :/

Lack of money perhaps ?

Otherwise.. no excuse :)

I voted HL2, but I plan to get all 3 (but only if Halo 2 comes out on PC)

one vote to Doom III and one vote to HL2. but where the feck is s.t.a.l.k.e.r? gonna play halo 2 on xbox. halo sucked on the PC.

cadaver said:
one vote to Doom III and one vote to HL2. but where the feck is s.t.a.l.k.e.r? gonna play halo 2 on xbox. halo sucked on the PC.

STALKER doesn't really fit the category of standard FPS shooter

Farrowlesparrow said:
How so Shuzer?

RPG elements? In terms of by-the-book FPS, it doesn't fit the bill. It's like comparing DX to HL, it works, but they're not the same kind of game

A first-person shooter is just that... a game that is played from a first-person perspective in which the gameplay revolves around shooting things.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looks like it fits in the FPS genre... whether or not it has some "RPG" elements.

BTW, RPG is a very vague term. What would have to be added to playing the character of Gordon Freeman in a complex story and never leaving his perspective to be able to call Half-Life an RPG? What, exactly, are the requirements for a "role playing" game? Stats? Upgrades? Skills? None of those things are needed to play a role. This is especially true in MMORPGs. They have stats and all that jazz, but the role playing is nearly nonexistant and the plot is crap because it is all up to the players... and the players would rather level up and have the most powerful equipment than play their role.

im not gonna vote on this poll and heres my reason.

i grew up playing the Doom series and enjoyed it alot.. then Half Life came along and changed fps games.

frankly, im sort of surprised more pple aren't looking forward to Doom3.. but then again maybe i shouldn't be because the general audience of this site is young and probably haven't played the Doom series..

and if they have, their spoiled because of how good Half Life's gameplay and graphics and whathaveu turned out to be.

theres something special to me personally about both of these games.. and yes i will be getting both of em :p

The RPG genre-name has come to take on a sort of different meaning and shouldn't be taken literally... I remember those ever-so-pointless-and-stupid debates on Diablo II forums about what constituted an 'RPG'. ;(

Oh, and Half-Life 2 by far... especially from Halo 2, good God.

HL2 gets my vote, i'll be getting HL2 and Doom III.

As for Halo 2 I never played the first anyway, and I don't want an X-box.

I vote HL2, barely squeezing by Halo 2. I've easily spent over a hundred and fifty hours playing Halo, and I don't even own an Xbox. And so far, the sequel looks just as amazing (amazing as in, when you play the second, you'll be as blown away as you were when you played the first). I'm buying an Xbox specifically for Halo 2.

But as good as Halo 2 looks... Come on. It's Half-Life 2.

And personally, I couldn't care less about Doom 3. From what I've heard [read] him say, he's too centered on technology, and thinks little of the gameplay. I laughed my ass off when I read PC Gamer's Doom 3 interview, and he was quoted as saying something that constituted "a use key is a gimmick." :LOL: And I really haven't cared for their latest games. RtCW was mediocre, as was Q3 (barring some good mods). id can make good engines, but that certainly doesn't mean they can make good games too.

(Please note: I know I'm extremely biased. I'll believe D3 is a good game when I play it.)

What the hell does that Poll Title mean?
If it means, which game will be the best?, then I will undoubtedly choose HALF LIFE 2.

It means Pressure was on crack... or just ate a nutrigrain bar...

For the love of God if your going to have polls like this dont put Half Life 2 on it. Its going to be way to one-sided.

I voted Halo 2 in all fairness but im looking forward to both of them.
Not so much Doom 3, to scurry.

Letters said:
It means Pressure was on crack... or just ate a nutrigrain bar...

You should know which it was OooOOoooFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

Back