Dota 2 Gamescom Trailer Released

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-cSFPIwMEq4" frame allowfullscreen></iframe>​
[br]Available now is the trailer for Dota 2, Valve's upcoming game that will be shown at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany from Aug. 17-21. As mentioned previously, a large scale Dota 2 tournament will take place at Gamescom with the prize pool being $1 Million. You can see the Dota 2 blog here, which breaks down which team are playing and how the tournament will be run.

Not my kinda game. Nice trailer, though. And that's a damn big prize, especially for a game that it seems few will have a chance to play prior.

nice,and at the end it didnt ended up looking too much like wow

Oh...if only games would match the action of their trailers... Will be fun but not that epic.

Nice. Little bird told me that script for the trailer was " partly written by Marc Laidlaw".

I'm liking the in-engine trailer trend that's been happening lately, at least with Blizzard and Valve.

Cool trailer... Valve has always been great at making me drool over their pre-release media, and that's coming from someone who doesn't really care for DOTA style games in the slightest. Maybe Dota 2 will change that (although I doubt it, it's just not really my cup of tea). I'm certainly going to give it a good shot at least :D

I got a serious Aladdin vibe from the trailer, not entirely sure why... I love the art style though, it's like a combination of TF2 and Warcraft 3 art styles. It's really quite neat to see Valve doing something that is so different from the style and setting of their other games.

I'm impressed by the facial animation improvements the most!

Meh, not a fan of the trailer. Game looks like it'll be fun though.

Like pretty much everyone here, I'm liking the trailer, even if this style of game isn't something I find interesting, but because it's Valve, I have faith.

Not my kinda game. Nice trailer, though. And that's a damn big prize, especially for a game that it seems few will have a chance to play prior.
It's not an open tournament, it's an invitational. The people who are competing have already been playing their asses off in the closed beta.

It's not an open tournament, it's an invitational. The people who are competing have already been playing their asses off in the closed beta.
Ah that makes more sense, thanks.
I wonder if any of them have found an imbalance then that they can use to their advantage...

I would assume Valve have been monitoring the games to see if anyone catches an exploit.

That's exactly the way I'd think a Valve fantasy game would look like. It's cartoony, but not Blizzard kind of cartoony, more like TF2.

This trailer made me realiaze I just can't wait for Blizzard's next gen cartoony graphics.DOTA..never been my thing even when I was playing WCIII like mad.

Now..how to bring this topic to Episode 3 whine... *computing *

Back