Doug "jiveturkey" Lombardi Interview up @ Driverheaven

Dalamari said:
Its nice we finally have some requirements to go by.

Remember, just because you didnt know the requirements. It doesnt mean thay it was never said. :)

I don't recall saying it was, however that's not the only increment they had made so far.

who cares about what they said about minimum specs in the past, there are zombies throwing barrels at you! Just like in donkey kong!

Well, I am hoping that the increase in system spec is a good sign, and they've added lots of funky stuff to the game and uber graphics (not that it didn't already have uber graphics).

I would love to see all the people complaining about the graphics buy the game and find out it looks so good that it won't run on their PCs, because Valve listened to their moaning and just went insane with the graphics... hehehe.. but then I am just evil.

And it would suck in the end because not many people could play the game, and so it wouldn't be popular, and there'd be no HL3, and few mods :(

Soo.. in retrospect I change my mind :p

I dont rember hearing officially about min. specs but im happy that my comp will be able to run this game.. although my Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4200 might not make me say ooooh aaaaahh. :\

Sideswiped said:
They spend time on Nvidia getting the cards to perform better under dx9. Where as with ATI since their performance is already upto snuff they can focus more on the eye candy with ATI cards. They're spending time with both cards just in different areas.
I was talking more in terms of them including HDR in the release. Haven't we been debating this issue lately?

Back