Dr. Breen on the screen

have any of you guys considered that breen might be a puppet of the combine?

jabberwock95 said:
I love breens speech. Really sets the mood.

I suppose I can post this now...

A really crappy version of the trainstation level was in the stolen build. When you looked at the monitor with breen on a message appeared saying: 'Breen monitor spews propaganda' (there was no sound). Just shows how amazing valve can make the simplest thing.
actually, i had sound in that bit... of course my pc crashed little after that (breen looks MUCH MUCH better now than in the leak)

TAOakenshield said:
I don't know about you guys, but everytime I hear Breen's speech I think of this.

The ridicule of such a thought just lessens the emotional impact Breen's speech should have on me. Oh well. I'll live.
ROFLMAO (for 10 char sake)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
That ZomboCom is the greatest thing ever
It's going into my sig

Dr. Breen just looks evil, he's your typical charming 3vil mofo

callmer7432 said:

You can pretty much say that Breen is laying Baltar to the Combine's Cylons.

I wonder if that was the extent of the intro, or is there a lengthy train ride before that scene depicted in the video (I think it was mentioned a train ride like the original with some sullen passengers).

If there is a lengthy ride, what would they show outside the windows? I loved looking around in the HL 1's ride, watching the toxic material disposal bot, the background mechanics, the scientist discussing stuff etc etc.

Hmmm just had a thought, ever wonder why Valve chosed to show off the Strider...I mean that would of scared most players silly if they have never seen the thing before, why show it off early?
I think its because there will be a trainride, and one of the visuals you get to see out of the window will be a Strider or two on patrol...so the surprise is ruined early so theres no reason to hide it during the pre-gold release hype.

Hmm. So one side is wrong and the other is spectacularly wrong...

Part of me wonders if Breen is actually a good guy, despite the suspicious propaganda, and that the Combine is the lesser of two evils, and the the Resistance has made one hell of a mistake...

As for the television screens, I love 'em. If I ever develop a) skill and b) a team of fantastic modders, I'm going to make a mod with a slot one "weapon" that can cycle through several television-style/communication channels defined by the level. The idea of even v_model textures supporting the camera tech is incredible...

ASnogarD said:
I wonder if that was the extent of the intro, or is there a lengthy train ride before that scene depicted in the video (I think it was mentioned a train ride like the original with some sullen passengers).

If there is a lengthy ride, what would they show outside the windows? I loved looking around in the HL 1's ride, watching the toxic material disposal bot, the background mechanics, the scientist discussing stuff etc etc.

Hmmm just had a thought, ever wonder why Valve chosed to show off the Strider...I mean that would of scared most players silly if they have never seen the thing before, why show it off early?
I think its because there will be a trainride, and one of the visuals you get to see out of the window will be a Strider or two on patrol...so the surprise is ruined early so theres no reason to hide it during the pre-gold release hype.

whos to say they arn't hiding something nastier than the strider.

callmer7432 said:

Yeah, about 11 posts ago.

Feath said:
Who's to say that Breen is definately bad? There could be a Combine Soldier pointing a gun at his head for all we know.

As for Breen being The Administrator, it could be likely.

Edcrab said:
Hmm. So one side is wrong and the other is spectacularly wrong...

Part of me wonders if Breen is actually a good guy, despite the suspicious propaganda, and that the Combine is the lesser of two evils, and the the Resistance has made one hell of a mistake...

As for the television screens, I love 'em. If I ever develop a) skill and b) a team of fantastic modders, I'm going to make a mod with a slot one "weapon" that can cycle through several television-style/communication channels defined by the level. The idea of even v_model textures supporting the camera tech is incredible...

I think that Combine is much more spectacular than the resistance. Well, at least Breen's intentions might be good...

i dont think theres anyway breen is good or right. but thats just me, and we'll have to wait to find out.

Back