Dr. Who

Piper is starting to annoy me now. And the "crap pop music mistaken for ancient cultural masterpieces" joke wore thinner than Lady Casandra (who was actually a half-decent villianess).

And yes, the CG spiders (four legs damn you all) looked rather lamely realised- only vaguely convincing part were their laser-light eyes. A tiny bit of tweaking with the shadowing and, god forbid, being able to see it in the Steward's shiny table would've helped matters.

Overall, it's better than the first. But since when was Dr Who the last Timelord?

Was I the only one who found that service voice really irritating?

"Sun filter lowering, sun filter lowering... sun filter rising, sun filter rising... sun filter lowering, sun filter lowering... sun fi-"

Shut up already!

Axyon said:
Was I the only one who found that service voice really irritating?

"Sun filter lowering, sun filter lowering... sun filter rising, sun filter rising... sun filter lowering, sun filter lowering... sun fi-"

Shut up already!
hehe I couldn't resist mimicing it with

"viewing figures lowering.. viewing figures lowering.. urge to change channels.. rising.."

Edcrab said:
Piper is starting to annoy me now. And the "crap pop music mistaken for ancient cultural masterpieces" joke wore thinner than Lady Casandra (who was actually a half-decent villianess).

Made me laugh in the behind the scenes program on BBCThree just after how they said she cost a fortune to do. I'm sorry but I couldn't help but chuckle thinking they've been taken for a ride on that one hehe.

The music choices were funny cause I often listen to those two songs heh.

Billie still ain't so bad. But I can think of a better assistant they should have had *grumbles* hehe

And yes, the CG spiders (four legs damn you all) looked rather lamely realised- only vaguely convincing part were their laser-light eyes. A tiny bit of tweaking with the shadowing and, god forbid, being able to see it in the Steward's shiny table would've helped matters.

heh yeah that bit really stood out. It really wouldn't be difficult to have done neither, thats the really annoying part.

Overall, it's better than the first. But since when was Dr Who the last Timelord?

Apparantly some war that the Doctor himself got involved in, in the books or audio tapes, where he blew up his homeworld himself to stop some other group getting to it.. But it seems it'll be the Dalek's that did it now (from what I've been able to find out) Cause yeah it had me wondering too, last I saw the homeworld was just fine n dandy

No, no you weren't. Why couldn't the voice just say one thing every time the command changed? That would've meant two rising warnings and two lowering warnings, instead of minutes of unwavering tannoy-chanting about nothing. [/endpetty]

Not to mention how daft that whole part was. If the light could literally scorch the metal, how come Rose wasn't blinded by merely looking at it? Of course this is Dr. Who, a programme regarding time travel and aliens, but it's always prided itself on its technobabble explanations...

"Well Rose, you didn't get blinded because that would be a daft plot device. Now stop talking like that and get in the TARDIS."

Edcrab said:
No, no you weren't. Why couldn't the voice just say one thing every time the command changed? That would've meant two rising warnings and two lowering warnings, instead of minutes of unwavering tannoy-chanting about nothing. [/endpetty]

Not to mention how daft that whole part was. If the light could literally scorch the metal, how come Rose wasn't blinded by merely looking at it? Of course this is Dr. Who, a programme regarding time travel and aliens, but it's always prided itself on its technobabble explanations...

"Well Rose, you didn't get blinded because that would be a daft plot device. Now stop talking like that and get in the TARDIS."
There were some good lines though

"I'm Rose, which is sorta a plant" Yay for British educational system! ffs haha.

The phone was pretty cool, but if a regular mobile phone can melt your brain, imagine what that one would do.. I guess explains the doctors bad acting ? :p

Ha, yeah. I really hoped Eccleston would be a dark, brooding, understated Doctor. His frowning performance as Casandra splattered was closer to what I expected, rather than all the manic mannerisms and mad forced grins.

I'd sooner see Izzard (yes, even Izzard) than that David "Casanova" guy take the next incarnation mind.

As for the war which scoured Gallifreia (I'll never live it down if I've spelled that wrong), I was under the impression his species merely jumped ship and renamed a neighbouring planet?

And the damn natives are all time-travellers, I thought even the most crappy fanfic author used their nature to allow the existence of other blasted Timelords... why can't a "professional"?

Edcrab said:
Ha, yeah. I really hoped Eccleston would be a dark, brooding, understated Doctor. His frowning performance as Casandra splattered was closer to what I expected, rather than all the manic mannerisms and mad forced grins.

I'd sooner see Izzard (yes, even Izzard) than that David "Casanova" guy take the next incarnation mind.

As for the war which scoured Gallifreia (I'll never live it down if I've spelled that wrong), I was under the impression his species merely jumped ship and renamed a neighbouring planet?

And the damn natives are all time-travellers, I thought even the most crappy fanfic author used their nature to allow the existence of other blasted Timelords... why can't a "professional"?
Gallifrey :p

AFAIK the doctor destroyed Gallifrey to stop this group of rouge timelords from taking over and then taking over time or something. But yeah I think the TV series is gonna go with the Dalek's having destroyed it instead or something.

I think the Casanova guy might actually be pretty good, he did better than the others on the Quatermass Xperiment tonight (which I didn't know until it finished but had been all done live)

Gallifrey- I genuinely thought it would be that, but, like a fool, I presumed the spelling would be inherently difficult like all inpenetrable science-fiction :sleep: I'm so ashamed :eek:

Hmm, hadn't watched the Quatermass Xperiment- my mum talked about the original radio series in the 50s a while back mind. I've always been good at ad libbing personally, but I guess it is a talent alien to a lot of "traditional" actors, so maybe I'll reserve judgement on ol' Dave.

The Dark Elf said:
Gallifrey :p

I think the Casanova guy might actually be pretty good, he did better than the others on the Quatermass Xperiment tonight (which I didn't know until it finished but had been all done live)

that guy off casanova would be brilliant.

Old thread, I know, but after seeing the end of this weeks episode I can't wait for next weeks. It showed a Dalek!!1 My smile was ^__________________________________________^ when I heard 'Exterminate, exter-min-aaaate!' and seeing its prodder and gun move around. Oh my gooddzzzz, can't wait.

i saw this weeks one, i've not seen it before. I was like, "wtf people in stupid suits going hglar glar"... but then Billie Piper came in screen... "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" :p

Back