Dreamscape - Pin Point Blank Media Frenzy

A

Azlan

In the midst of all of these FPS shooters, there are few 3rd person modifications being created. Dreamscape is one of the few and they are making quite the mod at that! The Pin Point Blank system means that when you get close to an enemy, you press the Point Blank button, and essientially, you fatally execute them! Not for the weak of heart, that's for sure! [br]</br>They have given Halflife2.net a nice stash of media to show up today. Check out the tech demo of the swaying grass![br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]To learn more about this interesting mod, head on over to their website.

Check out the tech demo of the swaying grass!

Tech demo? Where? :(

I can't find it on the site...it's not just that one pic of the grass right?

The last image is set in a desert. This is more of a tech demo than a playable map, which was created to demonstrate the swaying grass effect.
There is no tech demo, just the picture :)

Idonotbelonghere said:
Tech demo? Where? :(

I can't find it on the site...it's not just that one pic of the grass right?

On the website, they say that the last pic was from a tech demo map. From the HL2.net newspost it makes it sound like there's a tech demo around....which I don't belive there is.

I like this mod because they try new things like for example the swaying grass.

First pic: Catwalks are too thick and have no edges

Second pic: "Suicide is coming"?

Third pic: Why, in a scoped view, can you still see the player?

Fourth pic: Impressive, but I'd like to know how much that impacts performance.

Fifth and Sixth pics: look good

swaying grass is new to hl2? hell i never noticed itwasn't swaying.

I like this mod, sp mods really thrill me being an ol 56ker

keep it up dreamscape. btw is it based off the dennis quaid movie?

Pi Mu Rho said:
Third pic: Why, in a scoped view, can you still see the player?

correct me if im wrong but i think its the lens of the night vision googles that you see in 3rd person view, like in splinter cell... :)

-dodo

It just strikes me as a bit odd. How can you see the scope/lens if you're in third person?

polyguns said:
keep it up dreamscape. btw is it based off the dennis quaid movie?

Hehe, no, it's based off of LedKardova's (our game designer) story.

And about the nightvision. I thought that since we're giving the player an advantage in letting him see in the dark, we'd remove his lateral vision in order to balance it out a little. And yeah, it is inspired by Splinter Cell's nightvision a little bit. :)

Pi Mu Rho said:
It just strikes me as a bit odd. How can you see the scope/lens if you're in third person?

You could make the argument that you shouldn't even see the night vision because its on the person and not on me, but then there wouldnt be much point in night vision. It just an effect, its been used in a lot of third person games. I guess it represents a limited FOV when using night vision regardless of the POV.

Oh and by the way, what is up with the "Mission: exterminate all the son of a bit" and that kind of thing, just a place holder till you get real objectives or what?

Pi Mu Rho said:

It's third-person logic, most people don't have a camera following them around anyways. It's probably just a balance thing to reduce the FOV.

Yes, I understand it. I just think it looks odd.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory handled the third-person goggle lens effect pretty well.

Back