Driv3r

This isn't about what your opinion of which console is better. This isn't about consoles. This is about Driver 3. Don't let this degrade into another one of those "My consoles' penis is bigger than yours" contests.

Right now it looks like X-BOX got a rushed and sloppy version of the game, while the PS2 version plays decently. All that needs to be said is that it's probably better that you get the PS2 version if you have both consoles. This doesn't mean argue about what console is better. The above post had nothing to do with Driver 3.

Vigilante said:
xbox < gamecube > ps2

No doubt, gamecube is a very capable system. No offence ps2 users, but your hardware is very dated. People fear using bump mapping and normal mapping techniques on a ps2, now don't give me that "GT4 gfx t3h awesome!!11!" crap - admit it, Ps2 is statistically the weakest system in the hardware department with the exception of great looking games such as GT4, Black and probably MGS3. The gamecube and xbox on the other hand are the way to go - games such as halo2, chronicles of riddick and Resident evil 4 should showcase the power of these machines.

However, ps2 has the titles, so it's more famous in that context.

Alig said:
So your going to pass off one of the most popular driving games because a guy sat at an office doing a review of it said it was'nt good? OhhhhhKay then.

How do you know the "guy" isnt a massive GTA fan? where everything he see's in driv3r he thinks "GTA does that better so lets say ...it is boring"

If nearly every review says its really crap..your gonna take notice and not waste £30 - £40.

What do you mean nearly every review? The only horrible reviews I've seen are IGN and Gamespot. The next worse one is like 6.5 and most of them are in the 8's, a few in the 9's.

This isn't the first time IGN and Gamespot have seriously screwed up reviews (actually, they do that most of the time, this one is just ridiculous though). Do you realize that according to these two respectable websites that VC has better graphics than Driver 3, which is just downright incorrect. Also, Britney's Dance Beat is a superior game.

Reviews are opinions. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they all stink.

Tinneth said:
If nearly every review says its really crap..your gonna take notice and not waste £30 - £40.

Yeah i am going to take no notice of them, ya' know why? because just about everyone on this forum (who is just a person, like the person who reviewed driv3r) thinks farcry is a shit game while i still believe its the best fps since half life with zero competition. Most people consider Halo a good game...and it got good reviews while i think its extremely overated and is on par with Breed imo.

lans said:
No doubt, gamecube is a very capable system. No offence ps2 users, but your hardware is very dated. People fear using bump mapping and normal mapping techniques on a ps2, now don't give me that "GT4 gfx t3h awesome!!11!" crap - admit it, Ps2 is statistically the weakest system in the hardware department with the exception of great looking games such as GT4, Black and probably MGS3. The gamecube and xbox on the other hand are the way to go - games such as halo2, chronicles of riddick and Resident evil 4 should showcase the power of these machines.

However, ps2 has the titles, so it's more famous in that context.

Maybe the ps2 is dated, maybe it is the weakest system but it was also released 1 year prior to xbox and gamecube so that explains that.

I've had an xbox, its games were either ports from the ps2/ps2 and xbox games or were outright toss like the N64 was, except goldeneye. The xbox isnt worth that ammount of cash for a flimsy 1 or 2 games...even if it is better than the PS2 in hardware terms. Like i've said Halo imo is overated repetative bullshit with nothing special about it. So it can make games look that 'little' bit better but obviously that isnt the case with driv3r.

There are games on the PS2 that make it worth the £300 (what i payed for mine at the time) and they are games like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, the sort of games that are the best of the best in that genre where as xbox does'nt have anything...the only game i was REALLY REALLY wanting to play when i got my xbox was Munch's Oddesey (sp?) because the other two on PS1 was f'ecking funny shit and was great and that got screwed up...it sucked dog nuts.

smwScott said:
Reviews are opinions. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they all stink.

Wow...I've never head that before. You're a true original!

EDIT: Oh by the way, I think Gamespot and IGN were right on with their reviews, at least of the Xbox version. The game is nearly unplayable on my Xbox there is so much graphical corruption and framerate loss.

DarkStar said:
Wow...I've never head that before. You're a true original!

EDIT: Oh by the way, I think Gamespot and IGN were right on with their reviews, at least of the Xbox version. The game is nearly unplayable on my Xbox there is so much graphical corruption and framerate loss.

I'm not trying to be original or witty. I'm not here to amuse you. It's a very popular and a very true quote.

I haven't played the X-BOX version, so I dunno. But the PS2 version is fine. Very few bugs, I still haven't found any that hamper gameplay, also very little slowdown. The game is very stable, even polished.

smwScott said:
I haven't played the X-BOX version, so I dunno. But the PS2 version is fine. Very few bugs, I still haven't found any that hamper gameplay, also very little slowdown. The game is very stable, even polished.

the only time i managed to get it to slow down is when i had 5 cars explode on screen with tons of carparts flying everywhere, even then it was only for about 2 seconds tops and it wasnt a huge slow down at all.

face it, the ps2 won on this one... xbox owners have a hard time accepting defeat somtimes. i'll be the first to admit that the ps2 is an old system, and the xbox does have better graphics, but when stuff like this happens, it makes me laugh.

ps... as for the "dont mention gt4" bullshit, why the hell not, the graphics are "teh 4ws0me". so why not show it off...

This game is just horrible, anyone who says it's a great game needs to wipe the crap from their eyes.

mosquave said:
This game is just horrible, anyone who says it's a great game needs to wipe the crap from their eyes.

Which version did you play?

I get the feeling people are assuming it's crap because of the reviews and not even playing it. Give some details about why the game sucks, specific parts where you had problems, that aren't mentioned in reviews.

Back