Duck jump

They will keep duck jump.

Not to spoil HL1 for anybody, but seriously, if you haven't beaten it yet, you deserve spoilers.

In HL1, the training mission woman told you about duck jump and how to use it properly. Considering that the entire game HL1 was simply a training mission to get you ready for HL2, the duck jump must be in HL2, or else it would have been a useless thing to train for in the first place!

I am right about the whole plot point of HL1 though, right?

Gabe said that yes, there will be a "sprint" feature

IMHO mantling like in Thief and System Shock is way better, not only it can be used to mantel on to boxes and ducts but it's extremly useful for those long jumps where you have no chance of landing with your legs but you can grab the edge and pull yourself up.

Originally posted by The Grim Reaper
IMHO mantling like in Thief and System Shock is way better, not only it can be used to mantel on to boxes and ducts but it's extremly useful for those long jumps where you have no chance of landing with your legs but you can grab the edge and pull yourself up.
Agreed.

valve has said that the movement speeds will be unchanged, so I assume the duckjump will remain.

Originally posted by Bad^Hat
Yeah it is back, I spotted him doing a really brief one in the trailer. When he's in that laundry part of the prison past the sentry guns check out when he jumps out on that bar thing.
Umm he doesnt make any supernatural jumps in the bugbait movie m8, whatchu talking about?

Hmm the longjump was cool but I wont miss it, theyll prolly come up with something else though. Gabe said there would be no return trip to Xen right? then I dont really see the need for the longjump...

Back