Duke Nukem release date announced ...sort of

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Garland-based video games developer 3D Realms has confirmed Duke Nukem Forever, the highly anticipated sequel to its revolutionary 1996 PC game Duke Nukem 3D, is headed for retail release in late 2008, and will be coming to Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3 home video game consoles, as well as the PC.

"We haven't formally announced any platforms for DNF," wrote 3D Realms President Scott Miller in an e-mail exchange. "But, of course hitting the big three makes the most sense (PC, PS3, 360)."

Miller added a note of caution on the 12-years-coming sequel and its release window, claiming, "we may miss the mark by a month or two, but I feel very confident that we're on target this time."

Duke Nukem Forever is not the only 3D Realms title coming to home video game consoles in 2008. Miller also confirmed the existence of a downloadable Xbox Live Arcade version of Duke Nukem 3D, which will feature on-line multiplayer support, Xbox Live achievements, on-line score boards, and a co-op mode.

"We're really excited about bringing classic Duke to the 360," said Miller during an interview. "We're talking to Microsoft about getting a release slot sometime this year."

I'll believe it when I see it ..and even then ..meh it was so long ago I forgot what the appeal was

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2008/02/04/daily17.html

I will believe it when I see it being held by the hands of a game store clerk.

I'll believe it when I'm handing over my rental membership card to the blockbuster employee

More excited for Duke 3D on XBLA right now, if I'm being perfectly honest.

Which I am.

I'll believe it when I buy it on the day it comes out and installing it.

*Tries hard to not get his hopes up*
I don't care what you sissies say, THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK... ;(

I'm very impressed about the release date being announced. I tought I would be dead/dying when it happened.

I'll also believe it when someone has divided by zero

oh sh-

I believe it.

Also Stern you're rich, buy the game.

I'll believe it when I remember how believing Duke Nukem feels like.

I believe it.

Also Stern you're rich, buy the game.

"a fool and his money are soon parted"

I am nowhere near rich ..and I have 4 mouths to feed + dog + car payments (2 cuz I like living on debt) + mortgage, my daughter is going to daycare soon, then there's swimming/skating summer camp saving for university. furnace needs to be looked at and the basement needs to be redone ..oh and the door of the garage needs replacing and then there's ****ing $3200 worth of goddam property tax due THIS month

gah!!! anyone want to lend me $9 to rent Duke Nukem when it finally comes out sometime this century?

ya so I can turn it into a chain of Vegan restaurants ..completely run the company out of business ....cuz I'm a spendthrift

I recently bought a Faberge Egg ..one that was actually laid by Fabrege himself!!!

god that had to hurt

3+The+Russian+Tea+room+FABERGE+EGGs.jpg

price tag: an arm and a leg ..my wife's arm and leg ..what? she has another set, give me a break

Pfft, I've laid bigger eggs.

DAAAAM!!! I'd have to strap a 2 by 4 to my back so I wouldnt fall in

during anal sex I mean

:O

oh wait it doesnt come out that hole .....errr nevermind ..tralalala

Team Fortress 2 is vaporware. :p

I'm ready for my infraction now.

You know, I can't wait to play Duke Nukem Forever...I miss playing a game where the main character downs bottles of steriods every few minutes, throws money at strippers, shits down the enemy's neck, and is a genuine bad ass.

"a fool and his money are soon parted"

I am nowhere near rich ..and I have 4 mouths to feed + dog + car payments (2 cuz I like living on debt) + mortgage, my daughter is going to daycare soon, then there's swimming/skating summer camp saving for university. furnace needs to be looked at and the basement needs to be redone ..oh and the door of the garage needs replacing and then there's ****ing $3200 worth of goddam property tax due THIS month

gah!!! anyone want to lend me $9 to rent Duke Nukem when it finally comes out sometime this century?

Why Rent? torrents are the poor mans riches... plus the pirates booty... :naughty:

you can torrent xbox360 games now?

I'm sure someone has a way of getting burnt disks to work in their 360...through modding or emulators on the HDD of some sort. Since I don't have a 360, I haven't really looked too deep into it, but my assumptions are still there :p

It's definately possible through use of a King Kong DVD.

ya but why bother when I can just rent? and use the xbox live service ..just seems like too much of a hassle not too mention I'm stealing people's work

you can torrent xbox360 games now?

Yea you can as a matter of fact, you should have seen *unnamed site* game download's for Bioshock, the 360 version was out first too...

Edit: althought you need a modded 360...

ya but that means putting in a mod chip no? which also gets you permanently kicked from xboxlive

I'd rather download the pc version anyway, as long as it wasn't a graphics whore like bio-****ing-shock.

I plan on buying this. Hell, they 'worked' on it for so long, they deserve a little bit of my money, at least. Man, hopefully the PC version comes packaged with Duke3D. Though, if it doesn't, I've got the High Res version that works wonders, still :D

Haha, it's been in development for so long that it has the possibility of being dumbed down for consoles :LOL:

Back