dune buggy/introduction

Illegal Amigo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been lurking a while and finally decided to join. I can't wait for this game to come out! From the movies I've seen, I don't know if I like the driveable buggy vehicle as seen in some of the preview binks. I'm playing through Half-Life 1 right now (how I wish they'd update the textures in HL:S!) but I think it would add a much different feel to the game.
I'm used to going slow through HL1 -- I'm playing on difficult, and it's proving to be so. I think a car would speed up the feel. I guess we can't know until we play it.
Thanks for reading. This is one of the best communities I've seen in a while.

Haha, I'd like to figure out how to put up an avatar... I tried searching, to no avail.

Holy Snaps! you say that too. and Hi

Haha, that is a funny name indeed.
And yeah, I hope they update HL textures for HL:S. That'd be nifty. =]

I know where you're coming from with the buggy comment, but I doubt it'd really feel like it was speeding up the game. Same goes with the hovercraft - or whatever it's called.

I mean, those terrains are so huge. The coastline and the "highway" are just massive, there's no way it would be fun to walk it. I think it'll be great, especially the way VALVe has implemented the roller mines stalling the buggy and the Combine helicopter-majiggy chasing you and rockets being shot at you while you man the hovercraft. They'll make those parts of the game fun and intense to play. I trust them. :)

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

i have some illegal friends.... mr. counterfeit money and mrs. x

:p

good point actually

but we dont know if we will be using the buggy a lot so...

using the buggy is entirely optional too, so you can just leave it behind if you'd like.

thefiznut said:
Haha, that is a funny name indeed.
And yeah, I hope they update HL textures for HL:S. That'd be nifty. =]

Well.. If they release it for half the price of HL2, I guess we could ask that of them.

Mechagodzilla said:
using the buggy is entirely optional too, so you can just leave it behind if you'd like.

Not so sure about that. Where did you read it? You'll need it in some places (To jump over stuff and ... uh, well, make progress).

Well.. If they release it for half the price of HL2, I guess we could ask that of them.

I would definitely pay 25 bones for Half life Source if they retextured it as well. I don't think that would be too much work, granted there are a lot of textures but the story and programming is already done.

Maybe they'll do a 10th anniversary edition or something with all the HL games (SP) redone in the engine that VALVe have at the time. That'd be cool.

Back