Dynamic Car Props, and their wheels

Sgt. Redneck

Reaction score
Ok, I am sure most of you know what I am talking about when I say my dynamic car props in my map do that wierd wheel thing, that they are compressed up, like the suspension is pulling the wheels up, thus it appears the car is floating, and some of the tire comes through the body above the wheel well. Thats why I need to fix this. Anyone have a solution?

i'm guessing most of us actually don't know what you're talking about. what dynamic car props? you mean those combine wagon things?

No, they are custom models, but all vahicles do it. I am using them as dynamic props.

The entity you're using is prop_dynamic? The only thing I suggest is seeing how the model was compiled, it sounds like it is a physics model that was never motion enabled, like the buggy that does the same thing until it's affected by physics. It sounds like your problem is more complicated than that, but it might be something like it.

Umm... I assume that to take a look at the model, I will need to decompile it... How?

Hmmmmm you can probably get around this without decompiling the model.

Have you tried changing the actual entity to prop_physics? It sounds to me like you will see a difference, if it looks right then you know it's meant to be a prop_physics.

If not, then try to see if there is an idle animation for the model that needs to be played for the wheels to come down. If it doesnt work after you've tried it as a physics entity though, I have no idea what the problem could be. The only time I've seen something like this is when motion is disabled on the buggy. There has got to be a way though!

Yea umm I changed them to prop_phys_multiplayer. It works for one of 3 types of cars it works fine for 1 kind. It appears the body for the other weigh a ton, because they fall to the ground, but the body pretty much bottoms out and the wheels pop trough again.

Back