Dystopia Progresses, Screenshots Released!

Gothax?

Reaction score
Good news fellas! The development team behind Dystopia is furthering its attempts to release the highly anticipated MOD by holding private play tests broken into two seperate teams playing against each other in a match like environment. The team has released several screenshots from last night's play test, including a sample of the in game awards system. Endulge yourself in all the Dystopia goodness!
[br]

[br]More screenshots from the exclusive playtest can be viewed by following this link.

WooT! Sexy stuff as usual, from the HL2 mod I am anticipating the most! :imu:

"I will beat you with my fishing rod!"

"this is my rifle, this is my gun! This is for fighting, this is for fun!" -full metal jacket.

I love the award titles XD

Awards!?! That's awesome, haven't seen those since Goldneye for the 64. Most Cowardly Player.

"by following this [link]"
should be
"by visiting the [Dystopia Website]"

sorry for making that remark once again but linking with the word "link" or "here" is so far beyond bad that I can't stress the importance of it through words.

----

The mod doesnt look that good, Why does that red robot thing in the first screen look like a hl1 model? Why does the quality of the player models resemble Halo for xbox?

This is the PC platform.

if you glance at the tittle of this thread/ news post you might be foolded into thinking Dystopia was released lol :/

Why does that red robot thing in the first screen look like a hl1 model? Why does the quality of the player models resemble Halo for xbox?

Answer: They don't!

I just about laughed out loud to read you say that. I have no idea where you get that impression.

Seriously. Go take a look at some Halo screenies. They'll look downright primitive compared to the Corps medium--happens to be one of the most ass-kicking models I've seen for a hl2 mod. (That's the second screenshot, btw.) Hell, go look at some Halo 2 screenies. The comparison is closer, but the Dystopia models still come out quite clearly on top.

In any case, the Dystopia dev team seems to be pretty close to finishing up the demo for release. Won't be too long now :)

I can't wait for this mod. This is definately going to be #1 I think. It's just so amazing looking, and the whole cyberspace thing..wow.

Gooo Dystopia.

It's completely awesome, I can't wait for trying it. I hope that Dystopia will be the new CS-like-legend mod.

I actually have no idea as to what the model in that first screen is supposed to be, or why it cant pass the energy sheild when that wiring can.

I dont know i guess zooming in on it it looks better. But in that screenshot it looks like utter crap. I wouldnt have let it out.

In fact I would actually go as far as saying it looks almost red alert 2 bad in that shot (not zoomed in) and thats an old game.

The PC Nerd said:
The mod doesnt look that good, Why does that red robot thing in the first screen look like a hl1 model? Why does the quality of the player models resemble Halo for xbox?

This is the PC platform.

It's a 2D Pic.

The PC Nerd said:
In fact I would actually go as far as saying it looks almost red alert 2 bad in that shot (not zoomed in) and thats an old game.

That was just stupid...

Ahh that would explain it. I decided to come back and post about it because I got contacted about the comment a few times saying my comment was essentially void - how caring of someone to inform me of that.

It is part of the hud, it shows you which team you are and what class you are.

The person who took the screenshot was a Punks (Red) Heavy (Bulky Player Model).

Teh best mod ever

more like a total conversion ive been following this mod for quite some time now and i can vouch that the overall quality of the development team as well as the content they put out has truly pushed the envelope for the mod community. Id like to see a hl2 mod that comes out that can top dystopia :imu:

Kare Bear said:
Impressive looking stuff.Reminds me of deux ex in a way.:bounce:

Its very deus ex, but thats because they have similar influences namely Cyber Punk. Dunno where it comes from but it sure as hell is cool.

I can't wait for this to come it out looks ace.

This mod looks better and better everytime they come out with a update.

Back