[e.m.p.] H&k P11

K

Kwartjuh

Hi there, i would like to show you a modell i've made for E.M.P. :

9MMPistol2.jpg

This is not a real weapon, but its bases on various H&K weapons :)

You could save ALOT of polys on that trigger you know... You aint gonna see it anyway.
And is it just me or is it split in two? Or is that line intentional? :)

hmmmm, dosn't look real. Maybe because it hasn't got a skin. Dunno. But even futuristic guns have to look realistic. That sort of looks weird. Its prity good but I dunno what it is about it that makes it not look right. Dam this is god dam bugging me now. Somthing is wrong. I think it might be because its has no skin but u sure u havn't missed summat out?

It is split in to. I havent finished it yet, ill will make 1 mesh of it when its finished... And about the weird thing: I dunno, you tell me...?

I think the handle is to big. The proportions become wrong...

Ive used reference pictures from world.guns***. It fits perfectly...

Is the clip missing? That's the first thing I noticed.

Can we get a wireframe and polycount when you finish with it? I'm having a hard time seeing some things with the shape of the slide and body, so we might be able to give better criticism if you do. The one thing I can point out is the unnesessary tube for the barrel. Unless the player is going to turn the weapon around and look down the barrel, there isn't much of a need for a hole there. Replace that with a plain cylinder and use the polygons elsewhere.

the handle s is definatley off. It's too flat (as i am often told of my own meshes) after redoing the trigger and barrel you should have an extra 200 or so poly's. try extruding the flat faces of the grip out very slightly and then uniform scale them down to it rounded shape.

I'll work on it, thx alot for the critisism! I guess yur right with the barrel, trigger and handgrip :)

Well, ive worked on it, hope this is better: (im not completely sattisfied myself, but its better then the previous version)

9MMPistol3.jpg

It's 1900 polygones right now

ye looks a bit better. Needs more detail though. The screws could be a bit less stand outy. Owwww i dunno.... lol

Well, i could add more detail but if im not mistaking, 1900 poly's is alot for a common pistol? I can delete some poly's, but it aint gonna be much.

is it 1900 triangles? If its 1900 triangles than that would run fine. I think u can have about 4000 triangles on a first person model. Dunno about 3rd person.

Yeah, i guess yur right again, ill pump some extra detail in it than!

Yes, 1900 is pretty tame for weapons these days, but that doesn't mean that particular model should be that high. That pistol (in its current state) could be done with 500 polygons, easy.

How about that wireframe shot so we can help point out problem areas?

Back