e-mailing valve for BMRF's map, vote

would you cover my back for this? (plz read below)

• yeah, let's do it... .

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • errr.... not intrested.

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

jerkasaur

Tank
Reaction score
hey,
well, after all the threads i read about Black Mesa's map and how intrested some people where in seeing it, (and that noone actually got a good result in making one, including me...) i've decided to e-mail valve for it...
since it's hard to get an over view of the map, (because of different scales and stuff), i figured valve is the only one who could help us, (yep, i got that all by myself...)
but remember, valve's not gonna care jack if i tell them alone, so i need you people to help me out with this. i'm hopping to get a reply, after all, it shouldn't be something hard for them, right? they have all the stuff, from blueprints to 3d models and...
i've included a poll to see how many of you are intrested, hope i get good results, thank you.
:cheers:

yeah but they could, they have everything they need for it, including the whole map, or at least the, umm, let's say, blueprint?

edit: this poll is SERIOUS, i'm counting on you...
this could be the beginning for a city17 map request...

But they don't. The maps loop back over each other in places - people have tried to put the maps together before.

-Angry Lawyer

this could be solved with minor changes, like in hallways, making them a bit shorter or longer, and again, at least when you have the thought for making a map, you wouldn't make it loop back over eachother, would you? this could be caused by us, not getting the scales right, or not having a full understanding of the map

No, it's from Valve not thinking about an overall layout. The maps weren't all built together. People were unlikely to notice if a locked door on a map was another door on a completely different map.

-Angry Lawyer

well, the poll hasn't had a good result neather, i think i'll just skip the idea, i was hoping i could get to something, i remember someone said he's done 14 levels of HL's map, that could mean there is still hope...
does anyone know the command that alows you to see the map from top, something like counter-strike i've heard...

you could always try making it yourself to see. there is a program for reverting bsp map files back to hammer .map files, for HL1 anyway. Sometimes it can mess bits up in the transfer, but if you seriously want to make a Black mesa map, you can fix up these errors yourself. I used to use this program when i was learning how to map, so i could see how some entities were used, for TFC maps.

sorry i don't know that the program is called thou, it's been a while since i used it and i forgot the name.

ZoFreX's hint of the day: The program I used to revert bsp to map was based on a quake tool... that's all I can remember.

ah well, it seems like no one's intrested anyway, if i only knew the command that would turn the map into a top-view .bmp, like CS... i would really try to make the map.

just google for map tutorials, someone will have the command, it just takes some looking for. =] can't just sit back and let other people do stuff for u, since they'll only have to google anyway probably, and if you've already done that, they'll only be wasting time looking over your old tracks, so it's quicker for u to look ;)

ok,
oh and one more thing... maybe posting this thread here in "help wanted and offered" was a big mistake...
i mean like only 12 replys after about a week? ...thanks for all those who didn't just "view" the thread.
although it was "help" that i wanted... :|

you guys do realise that actually getting any so-called blue-print will be hugely disspointing for you. It wont be an expansive and massive facility like you dream of (as do i) but it will be a linear, double-backing pretty obvious route from one end to the other.

If you want something to do, make one yourself, and incorporate the journey of hl1 into it. not just the journey path itself.

Back