E3 2005 - Console Domination

It's funny ... any thread started that even mentions consoles is destined to end in a PC v Console flame war.

Can't they live together in peace? I have a nice PC, an Xbox and a PSP. I love them all to bits, doesnt mean i'm not going to buy an Xbox2, PS3 or upgrade my PC every year though.

Just imagine how good the next Zelda or Resident Evil games are going to look :)

Take a second to pause and picture the next Metroid Prime.

I get a semi just thinking about it :)

The Mullinator said:
If I go it will only be to sneak in and steal some of the stuff being showcased. Then distribute it on the internet and get myself a l33t reputation. :cheese:

you can email packages now? ;)

XBox 2 is running two 3.5 or 3.2 GHz CPU's I believe....
As I understand it.
It's only 1 3.5Ghz CPU but it has 2 cores.
So it still only had the bandwidth of 1 cpu, but the cpu power of 2 or something similar.

Warbie said:
Just imagine how good the next Zelda or Resident Evil games are going to look :)

bwahahahaha!

I'm not a console fan myself (I loathe Xbox, am indifferent towards Gamecube, and kind of like PS2) but I have to admit the games are going to look nice next year.

Controls are going to be poop as always :D

edit: post #1700!

Ninja Gaiden is kick ass. I must rent that game. Holy shit, if I was Ryu Hayabusa, I would rule the world because I know that no one can stop me. I hope the new Xbox gets more games like Ninja Gaiden.

A PC gamer making fun of console controls is hilarious in all situations other than FPS's. Give me a controller any day.

lePobz said:
A true FPS should be played with a virtual reality suit and uber realistic goggles.

Heh, imagine what you could do with pr0n...

Ennui said:
bwahahahaha!

I'm not a console fan myself (I loathe Xbox, am indifferent towards Gamecube, and kind of like PS2) but I have to admit the games are going to look nice next year.

Controls are going to be poop as always :D

edit: post #1700!

Each to their own :)

(but come on - imagine playing Res 4 or Zelda using a mouse and keyboard. It'd be terrible)

Direwolf said:
A PC gamer making fun of console controls is hilarious in all situations other than FPS's. Give me a controller any day.

So you'd prefer a controller in an isometric RPG? i.e. Baulders Gate, Fallout, some other amazing games. I have Diablo for the PS, and trust me, controllers don't work with them.

Both control methods have their strong and weak points - let's leave it there :)

I'll be looking at these consoles but I doubt I'll be buying them, consoles are not serious gaming machines in my mind although the XBOX2 PC does sound like it could make for some serious competition. Halo 2.5, Call of Duty 2, yawn. PC gaming is having a really hard time of it lately, whatever I can do to keep it alive (buy spending 3x the money if necessary) I will.

Recent consoles haven't ever appealed to me, Gamecube has a large number of kids games, there are a lot of Sports games and fighting games on both ps2 and xbox. Just about all of the games on XBox and PS2 come to PC or are on PC first. PC surpassed all consoles within months. Pay for online play with XBox live?

I admit they look tasty, cheap system for gaming that will last a good 3 years. But I don't want to move to the dark side :)

Warbie said:

Honestly......the next Metroid makes me man-wet. I think we've probobly seen the last Metroid Prime on the GC. So I look forward to the Revolution more than any of these other consoles. I want one more crack at Mother Brain in next-gen greatness.

Also just read in most recent PC GAMER that there will be a "world first exclusive" or something like that, and they say it
s HUGE. I'm thinking Team Fortress 2. Valve said they would talk about it after HL2....and guess what E3 is the best time to. I bet anything...

Lt. Drebin said:
Honestly......the next Metroid makes me man-wet. I think we've probobly seen the last Metroid Prime on the GC. So I look forward to the Revolution more than any of these other consoles. I want one more crack at Mother Brain in next-gen greatness.

Agreed :)

However, nothing excites me more than the thought of the next Resident Evil on new hardware (no. 4 on the GC looks as good as any game out there, on all systems, including the pc. I dread to think how amazing no. 5 will look)

Very few games of this quality come along. Staggeringly good.

tokin said:
Also just read in most recent PC GAMER that there will be a "world first exclusive" or something like that, and they say it
s HUGE. I'm thinking Team Fortress 2. Valve said they would talk about it after HL2....and guess what E3 is the best time to. I bet anything...
StarCraft 2
Diablo 3
RTCW 2
TF2
C&C game

Could be anything
:eek:

Warbie said:
Each to their own :)

(but come on - imagine playing Res 4 or Zelda using a mouse and keyboard. It'd be terrible)

actually res 4 could do quite nicely on a mouse/keyboard setup if configured properly

babyheadcrab said:
actually res 4 could do quite nicely on a mouse/keyboard setup if configured properly

You have to be joking. Seriously, it would be awful in comparison.

mortiz said:
So you'd prefer a controller in an isometric RPG? i.e. Baulders Gate, Fallout, some other amazing games. I have Diablo for the PS, and trust me, controllers don't work with them.
Now you're just nitpicking with sub-genres. Of course certain games are going to work better with a mouse, but 95% of games outside the FPS genre are much more easily done with a controller.

true fact

is more fun play whit a controller

if you dont agreed you are the most stupid PCfanboy ever

and who say that consoles are not serious gaming machines,that depend on the games and are many games that are more that just shoot and run

<RJMC> said:
true fact

is more fun play whit a controller

if you dont agreed you are the most stupid PCfanboy ever

and who say that consoles are not serious gaming machines,that depend on the games and are many games that are more that just shoot and run

For driving games / fighting games i'd agree, but I still prefer the PC kb & mouse for first person's.

We can all just agree that PC is good and consoles are good.

lePobz said:
For driving games / fighting games i'd agree, but I still prefer the PC kb & mouse for first person's.

We can all just agree that PC is good and consoles are good.

True that!

However I think controlers suck A$$ for fps,anything other than fps and rts they are good for.

tokin said:

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER......AH AH AHA HHA HAH HAHAH AH....That's rich....

Someone had to do it...sorry.

:dozey: Lately games such as FarCry, Doom III, and Half Life 2 have fought for best game; graphics, interactivity, physics, and story. All are on PC. Once these new generation consoles are released, I think it's going to be PC vs. Consoles, literally.

ailevation said:
:dozey: Lately games such as FarCry, Doom III, and Half Life 2 have fought for best game; graphics, interactivity, physics, and story. All are on PC. Once these new generation consoles are released, I think it's going to be PC vs. Consoles, literally.

Out of those titles It's only really HL2 that can compete with the big console titles (or which there are a fair few)

These games only stand out against other pc releases. Once we venture in the console world titles like Far Cry and Doom 3 are immediately swept aside and end up in the sea of averageness.

Now that's just HL2 fanboy talk. FarCry is still the best looking game IMO. DOOM 3 also has great graphics. HL2 has good graphics also, but the game is not above the others.

Apollo 13 said:
Now that's just HL2 fanboy talk. FarCry is still the best looking game IMO. DOOM 3 also has great graphics. HL2 has good graphics also, but the game is not above the others.

I wasn't talking about gfx - which always comes second place to gameplay and doesn't make a good game.

You're right, Doom 3 and Far Cry look wonderful, but they hardly shock the games world now did they? :/

Back