E3 Age of Conan Cinematic

I come to this thread in sympathy for the Stern.

EDIT: That was pretty badass.

hey, we have something in common ..I also came in this thread

:E

Stern, you so gay with Conan. :cheese:

when it comes to conan I fully admit my man-crush on the big burly cimmerian ..he's just so dreamy .. in a rip your head off for kicks sort of way ..what's not to like?

well there's always the promise of exposed boobies ..they're pushing the M rating with tons of fataliy moves ..like beheading, disembowling, severing of appendages etc ..I hear you can also crush skulls

I thought this was an mmo?

is the basic concept just go around beating up everyone you see? D:

yes it is an mmo

no, it's much more complex than that ..the game is aimed at guilds (although there's a single player portion and you can solo right to the end) ..guilds can build their own city (with shops, bars, stables etc) which they have to defend from bandits etc ..guilds can also build a Battlekeep in a contested area called the Border Kingdoms ..guilds lay seige on each other to lay waste to each other's keeps ..there's catapults and other seige engines for attacking guilds as well as formation and mounted combat ...oh did I mention there's also drunken brawling at local bars? it doesnt matter what level you are ..what and how much you drink affects how well you're able to fight ..fists and barstools only ...plus the quests are mostly story driven so it adds something more to the "kill 20 pigs" formula that seems to be the norm for MMOs. There's also a thieves quarter in most cities where you'll be able to sneak into houses and rob them of their loot

heh

we'll see how well they pull it off

the only mmo I'm looking forward to atm is hellgate: london

well I should find out soon enough when beta starts ...not that interested in Hellgate for some reason ..just doesnt appeal to me ..tired of the monsters subgenre

but hellgate really isnt a MMO ..it's more like guild wars: instanced dungeons right?

it depends on how you define mmo I guess. It's probably an mmo more than diablo 2 or guild wars.

It'll have instanced dungeons and stuff but also subscription for ongoing content.

I was expecting a King-on-Queen sex romp ala 300.

Guess I watch too many movies.

it depends on how you define mmo I guess. It's probably an mmo more than diablo 2 or guild wars.

It'll have instanced dungeons and stuff but also subscription for ongoing content.

I think the devs want to stay away from the name MMO ...mostly because it implies subscription fee ..hellgate is free but with an "elite" payed subscription for added ...stuff

but it's all PvE right? it's not the game or the game mechanics it's the setting (love london by why is in in ruins?)..I'm just so tired of fighting "monsters from the depths of hell"

Oh that was sexy, specially when his arm got cut off and continued fighting...awsome.

he was a minion of the mage at the end ...I guess impervious to pain

Oh that was sexy, specially when his arm got cut off and continued fighting...awsome.

For a second after seeing that I thought they were going to do a Black Knight tribute from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

That's a mighty fine cinematic - reminded me of the old Diablo movies. Cap'n, you must be fair hopping about like a kid on xmas eve.

That's a mighty fine cinematic - reminded me of the old Diablo movies. Cap'n, you must be fair hopping about like a kid on xmas eve.

yes yes I am <grins like a giddy moron>

For a second after seeing that I thought they were going to do a Black Knight tribute from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

that would have been acceptable, and probably as gory, Jack Yhompson would have a field day

I think the devs want to stay away from the name MMO ...mostly because it implies subscription fee ..hellgate is free but with an "elite" payed subscription for added ...stuff

but it's all PvE right? it's not the game or the game mechanics it's the setting (love london by why is in in ruins?)..I'm just so tired of fighting "monsters from the depths of hell"

but killing monsters is so fun! They actually made it that way so you'd have absolutely no empathy for the monsters you are killing since you kill so many lol :p

call me weird but I'd rather kill humans ....errr ..that doesnt sound right ..ok I prefer killing humans ..nope that's worse ..umm ...human killing = win win? ...ok decapitating virtual representations of humans can be fun so long as I can distinguish between fantasy and reality

/me sharpens sword

hahaha

I'm guessing conan is more based around intense fights between small groups whereas hellgate is like slaughtering monsters as fast as possible

dont know ..supposedly there's huge battles as guilds can have 100 members ..imagine a 100 players storming the Battlekeep of another 100 member guild

in pve there's tons of mobs because it's not point and click ..it's more like a fighting game where you control each sword swing instead of clicking on a mob, clicking on a button and watching an animation ..you control everything

I think Hellgate is more focused on solo content whereas most of AoC encourages grouping/guilds

hellgate or Conan?

conan release = Oct30th this year ..open beta should be by end of august, early september

and halo3 and hl2:ep2/TF2/Portal, Assassins Creed and others ...gonna be a busy holiday season ..fortunately I only have one game to play :E

you forgot bioshock, crysis, supcom: forged alliance, et al

D:

Awesome cinematic. Crap music. Sounded like it was ripped straight from WoW tbh, there's just no creativity in fantasy scores anymore...

Still, game looks awesome. And it's coming out right around my b-day! :E

the hands on preview was from last week however eurogamer posted it late yesterday ..so it is new, it's just not a hands on from E3 but is a great read nonetheless ...but very much appreciated as I'm sure I'm the only person who's read it before you posted it :)

i'm really hoping they'll reveal some in game guild vs guild Battlekeep gameplay or at the very least go into detail about city building or the thieves quarter

I'd like to see a large battle brawl video as well. The combat does sound interesting.

looks pretty cool though for whatever reason all the guys fighting looked like ncp's instead of real players.

it shows promise though

looks pretty cool though for whatever reason all the guys fighting looked like ncp's instead of real players.

it shows promise though

I think they are npcs ..i think that's part of the single player portion ..or at the very least a quest that's solo-able or as part of raid ..hard to tell

ahh

I do like the "play single player first, then join the mmo" idea though, it lets you learn the game at your own pace before being shoved into the rat race for exp and gear.

well you have a choice ..the first 2 hours or so you're completely alone but as you near the first town (tortage) you'll see other players and can even team up with them to do quests ..however if you go to sleep at the tavern you wake up at night and it turns into solo quests ..I like the option of choosing how you play the starting area

Back