E3 Age of Conan Cinematic

yeah, choice is good

I hope you can solo a decent amount; it's very hard to find a group sometimes. However, it usually is more fun to play in a group

ya I hope players will be able to solo as well ..funcom says they're making it as accessible to casual gamers as possible ...besides if you only have 30 mins you could always visit a bar, get drunk and bust heads :)

with this game more than any other MMO I've played guilds are very important ..you miss out on a lot if you strictly solo ...most of the crafting skills in higher levels (prestige classes) have to do with city building/weapon making for pvp

that could be both good and bad (the elite crafting)

The drunken brawling minigame is cool because it is based on your skill instead of lvl and gear so even at lower levels you can fight anyone in a different style of game.

heh, lets hope they're smart enough to make it somewhat entertaining instead of just having to do endless fedex missions to get materials.

ya that would suck ..I think for stuff like city building it mostly fetch the wood but for weapons/armor materials it's supposed to be story quest based

a much more fun way to do it would have the players raid small towns and automatically loot the wood D:

I think that might be part of it ..see when your guild builds a city npc mobs will build a city/village not too far from you and will attack your city when they've built up enough units ..you can raid them for loot/materials afaik ..in fact you'll have to raid them to keep their population down or they'll constantly seige your city

so you can't ever completely destroy them?

that also sounds like it's probably not for the casual players :p

not sure if you can destroy them completely ..but no I dont think that aspect is designed for casuals because you have to be in a guild to play that part of the game ..I guess you can visit player cities and join raids so you could participate without investing a lot of time ..there's already a mercenary guild that will help raid for a price..funcom has repeatedly said they want to aim AoC at casual players but with enough depth that hardcore players can also tons of things to do besides grind ..I probably have less time to play than most but I'm already in a guild and plan to participate in a lot of the hardcore content ..the way it works for guild vs guild is that a guild has to declare war on your battlekeep ..the guild then works out a time so it's easier for guilds to coordinate without having to wait for enough people to play

heh, that sounds cool. what guild are you already in? :p

and where does the guild battle happen in the world? you wouldn't think all the guild towns would be right next to each other.

an all Cimmerian (Conan's race) guild :) ..almost 100 members and all die hard Robert E Howard fans (creator of conan)..it's even a requirement to join

not sure where you can build guilds but battlekeeps are in an area called the Border Kingdoms

Maphyboria.jpg

in between Cimmeria and Aquilonia/Nemedia

wait, is Cimmerian a class type?

I see it there on the map

no Cimmerian is a race (from Cimmeria, Conan's homeland) ..there are 3 playable races in Age of Conan (expansions will have more) ..Cimmerian (modelled after the Celts), Aquilonian (Conan is king of Aquilonia, which he became after killing the previous King :) ) modelled after the romans, and Stygians modelled after Egypt ..there'll also be tons of other nationalities in game but only those 3 playable at launch

ah, that makes more sense.

I'd ask to join the guild but a) I'm not a die hard Robert Howard fan (haven't even heard of him lol) b) I probably wouldn't play any more than casually, c) I'm still not sure I'm even going to get it

:p

I'd like to try out the beta when it comes though.

well they're pretty lenient, so long as you read some of the stories (Howard wrote mostly short stories, they're all online ..I started reading them when I was 12) and arent a jerk you're in (although they did accept me :O ) ..the age group varies from about mid to early 20's to my age ..and a few who are much older than I am ...most have families, commitments etc so they're ok with people who cant give tons of time

well if there's invites I'll be sure to send one your way ..there will be an open beta so you'll get your chance to play before release

heh, sounds cool

I really have no idea how much time I'll have in the fall since I'll be going to college full time + working part time + OVER NINE THOUSANNDD!! games I want to play this fall :p

I have one game I want to play this fall :)

the rest can wait till 2008/09

lol

hopefully I'll be able to maintain as close to an 8-5 work schedule as possible with the evening's free.

My lineup of games to play this fall in no specific order are: all the orange box games, crysis, hellgate: london, bioshock, probably some of this, supcom: forged alliance, and probably some others that come up. Those should last me awhile :p

will be hard to stay away from Assasins creed when it comes out ..also orange box and if Mass effect is awesome I may just cave and get a 360

lol, my roommate caved in for gears of war, the only other game he got was burnout and he really hasn't played it all that much :p

Back