EA and ACTIVSION should go to hell

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
CnC generals was undoubtedly fun, but i think it could have been so much more. For one tihng, it wasnt a command and conquer game. Yes it was a totaly different setting, but it didnt feel right. Since EA took over westwood, their games havent been as good.

I love it to be honest. I have been a fan of CnC since it first came out, and I say that Generals is definately the best so far, I think most of the Westwood people still work on it, just under the different name.

I just hope they remake Tiberan Sun on the new (SAGE) engine :E

Random notes:
I like Generals too, and speak as a long-time CnC fan.
Also Thrill Kill was reportedly one of the largest pieces of garbage ever, and its likely a good thing it was never released.
I played the hell out of the Sims in their day (Which should have ended a while ago), and still boot up Simcity 2000, which is a classic no ifs-ands-or-buts.
As for DICE, they are owned by EA, and most of the stuff people dont like about them (such as the SDK issue) is controlled by EA.
And I've never been able to muster any real hate for Gamespy. So they offer a perk to their exclusive club every once in a while big deal. Its a thousand times better than what other sites like IGN have been doing for much longer. Websites are a business, and you can't expect them to ignore that. (Fragmaster is a person, and to say he represents the majority of Gamespy is stupid.)
As for Gamespy Arcade, you have never been forced to use it (ASE works for just about everything nowdays.)

Originally posted by Bass
Well doesnt Vivendi-Universal own Valve? And VU is pretty much a sinking ship
I don't think they do. They just Box and ship the game.

Activision 02 is ok - Tony hawks games :). Wot games do activision make again i forget :x

Oh yeah...Activision o2 rule...only because of the THPS series :x , I have THPS4 at the mo :D :thumbs:

ROFL
CnC Generals wasn't made by Westwood. It was made by EA Pacfic (or something like that), diffrent division. Probably best Westwood did was that a few employees helped work on Generals, but thats it, its not a Westwood game.

Hmm, whats so bad bout Activision?? Infinity Ward (Call of Duty), was allowed to make what they thougth a WW2 shooter should be, instead of the old project they were involved in (2015), Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
I don't see Activision bothering ID Software/Raven about things either.

And I wouldn't sing the praises of Sierra either. They're the ones who rushed Dynamix on Tribes 2 and then fired them all when they finished.

I personally hate CDV.... since they put an annoying, lo-rez image on the installer of all of their games, with a bad sound file to match :D... got on my nerves ;(

but also I heard reports of Sierra changing War of The Ring to look more like WC3 (however, I might be wrong.. it could have been a diff. publisher :p )

Back