EA sells in game money for real world money

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
hot on the heels of the Tiger woods cheat codes for sale on marketplace comes this new example of EA gouging customers for things that used to be free:

Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb details the new slate of downloads on his blog, and a couple of items stand out from the pack. First of all, the $50,000, $100,000, and $250,000 in-game money packs each increase the player's bankroll at the cost of 40 Microsoft points ($0.50), 75 Microsoft points ($0.94), and 150 ($1.88) Microsoft points, respectively. Each pack can only be downloaded once. Virtually impoverished gamers may be drawn to download the packs, as the Xbox 360 version of The Godfather apparently lacks the cheat code for free money that can be found in the PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PlayStation Portable versions of the game.

**** you EA

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160388.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6160388

Oddly enough, the thing that surprises me more than EA pulling this kind of shit is the fact that you can only download them once. That doesn't strike me as very EA.

I think Sony and EA are working together in making the industry crappy.

*looks around suspiciously*

And me makes 10th!

As Ive said in previous EA bashing threads, and I'll certainly say again, I will not buy another EA product until they get their shit together (if ever)

You know what really grinds my gears? EA. **** you EA. **** YOU!

The Wii is really looking attractive right now.

When I buy a console/game I shouldn't have to treat it like a car loan. I don't want to research every game I buy to see if it has some stupid loophole/pay-to-play thing attached.

I simply want to buy a game and enjoy it, is that too much too ask?

The Wii is looking godly, tbh.

And that's a real shitty thing to do, EA.

you know with so much EA S*** there should be an EA rant thread

again **** you EA
in my siggy now

They're not original this time - Project Entropia (MMO) also sells in-game money for real money.

I'm deeply shocked that EA would do this.

Sarcasm.

whoever pays real moeny is a idiot

and it continues the fuzz whit that tiger woods game,dam whats more boring that a golf videogame,and is the number one game sold in the USA,I thought the people of the USA where smart

EA has a long and terrible track record. They are horrible and uncaring when it comes to the games they have developers make... they are unflinchingly cruel when it comes to the people who play their games, and they are unrivalled bastards when it concerns their own employees.

I <3 you EA!

*looks around*

*backs slowly away*

GET 'IM!

*pitchforks and torches*

Electronic Arts?

More like Electronic STUPID. OOoohhh.

Quit buying EA games. That'll hurt them more than some forum kiddies saying **** you E *** A mother******

Quit buying EA games. That'll hurt them more than some forum kiddies saying **** you E *** A mother******

I don't think you'll manage to stop people from buying the games EA distributes. Maybe a few percent, that's it, they won't even feel it, maybe just think "why the hell do we get the same amount of money while we got all the ad-streaming and in-game money for real money "features""

I don't get why they need the money from this especially considering the fact that they are the richest publisher in the industry (I believe).

I hate the fact that they ruin good games with EA Trax.

Take Burnout 3 for example...

Back