Earth 2160 Available Now Via Steam

I think I'm gonna get this...I'm downloading the demo currently..but wow..looks good so far.

I bought the boxed form, it's okish, but I'm afraid nothing compared to the awesome of 2150 imo...

I mean they took out the best part! Them awesome properganda videos when you researched a new weapon and the like :(

However maybe it's too slow for me, so yeah I recommend people try the demo first most certainly.

Woah, that one came out of nowhere. Was there any announcement about the game coming to Steam before it was released last night?

EDIT: Hm, looks kinda cool from the shots in the Steam Store. Might try a demo if I can find one

Link to demo:
gamer's hell aussie mirror
much faster ftp mirror

Definately going to give it a go. Will get it if I like it.

Hrm, gamershell only have a mirror in Australia, and while it was fast the first couple of minutes it has slowed down considerably now. There are more mirrors on earth2160.com though. Metacritic has 30 reviews of it, and it scores 73, which means not spectacular. The reviews range from 50 to 90 where some think it is "almost as good as starcraft" and some think it's "like starcraft only not fun".

I'm kinda in the market for an rts right now, and this game is actually quite fresh (release: nov'05). Probably gonna get it.

.bog. <- steamslut

i never heard of this game before, it looks awesome. I might buy it! When is it released on Steam and how much is the cost?

Ravioli said:
i never heard of this game before, it looks awesome. I might buy it! When is it released on Steam and how much is the cost?

It is available now and the price is USD 19.95. No 10% discount for preordering since it is already released. :|

.bog.

boglito said:
It is available now and the price is USD 19.95. No 10% discount for preordering since it is already released. :|

.bog.
I was gonna say, it's been out since november. I tried to play the demo, and wasn't..really..impressed with the game really. But it seems like a fun RTS. Might be worth the $20

Back