Easter Eggs

halflifeguy said:
heres something interesting i found..............

seems like something alyx made when she was a youngster

maybe kleiner is her god father?

Maybe kleiner and Eli's wife are related to each other...

On a side note, wouldn't it be weird if kleiner and and Eli were related?

ricera10 said:
Maybe kleiner and Eli's wife are related to each other...

On a side note, wouldn't it be weird if kleiner and and Eli were related?
Yes, everywhere except in Texas it would be weird :p
And also against nature.

Popular Scientist

Has anyone found this?

d1trainstation0500008pp.jpg

Is it kleiner?

Well i cant tell because of the back of his head!

Where I Found
--------------

In Chapter 2 Look Near The Door Kleiner Opens Near The Picture Of The Scientists

To get a better look use noclip

You guys missed a spot on the city 17 thing. In the first level you hear someone saying
that's the thrid time he got replaced to a new city and that he liked city 9 better. I think he is the exact same guy you hear in the combine interrogation room before the slide is closed , saying something about a mistake

It's a different guy.

Barney_Calhoun said:
It's a different guy.
Yep, different guy, same voice actor.

Doesn't anyone else find hearing the same voice come out of almost every male NPC in the game besides the main characters just a little disconcerting?

In Ravenholm, there's a lambda location.. You can noclip back there and get some health and suit chargers. No screenie as of now..

Whew! I actually read all 20 pages! LOTS of repeats, which was actually rather funny - moments after something was absolutely cleared up, somebody would ask the same question and the tangent would start all over. I have screenies of a great many bits and pieces of "graffiti" that haven't been mentioned, many of which are probably meaningless, but this may mean something. In the trainstation in one of the corridors there is a sign that says "CHANGE" in block letters, below which is this in, apparently, Greek...

ΠΟΛAMEΣ · KAPΠI · PΦI

Not yet familiar with posting a screenie. Translation?

ΠΟΛAMEΣ · KAPΠI · PΦI = POLAMES · KAPPI · PFI???
or at least thats what an online translation dictionary says

Edit: but then agian I wouldn't trust it with a tuna sandwich

David Blaine - 2 Of Them

Well guess what i found two david blaine's round HL2

1ST Spotting

Well in Chapter 2 (A Red Letter Day) In Kleiner's Lab,Noclip out and try and find a few rooms around it

Tip : He is near a combine soldier and some stairs (I killed the combine soldier because you might of thought he was david blaine.

Screenshot :
blane17pl.jpg

2ND Spotting

In Chapter 5 (Black Mesa East) Follow Mossman round to a gate and you see a man in blue cloths walking down.He is with a vourigant if you see it.After you followed him down the white ramp he will walk left and right each stop
he floats 4 CM above the ground.

Tip : Check his skin and hair

Screenshot :
blane26bk.jpg

Thank You!

try climbing to places your not supposed to go, sometimes it goes off the map and sometimes it leads to a place with ammo and stuff

this is pointless everyone is so off topic...werent we talking about easter eggs? no one is talking about chocolate!

Anybody see the vortigaunt in the sewer tunnel near the Dam?

Seen already

Never mind, I just saw the post earlier. I still think this is the coolest.

d1town0500211pp.jpg

That's a Russian word which means "Technology". Pics which had Port 5 written in Russian have already been posted so... New Little Odessa is probably 'recreation' from Odessa, which was a city by the shore of a sea (can't remember which one, though). New Little Odessa was just by the shore, too, remember?

Nova Prospekt (hence the Prospekt) is derived from New Prospect (Новый Проспект).

d1eli0100058qz.jpg

There's a Russian firm "Delk". There's also Tony Delk, a basketball player.

P.S. Sorry for reviving an old thread. Thought of making a new thread, but didn't want to trash the forums. :)

Before I upload another image, note that ALL cars from Half-Life 2 are of Russian production. With the exception of your buggy and APC.

d1canals0600065or.jpg

Such houses are popular amongst all countries, it's no big deal. But guess who were the first to think of building one next to eachother gray or white houses like these? Yup, Russians. Such houses can be found in any country which has been in the Soviet Union since the World War II. Think East Europe.

I've also found this info on a russian gaming website (igromania***):
vrezka140nx.jpg

"Summa" means sum, kron is, or rather was due to the Combine invading Earth, money value in Estonia. Liter means Litre, if I spelled it correctly. And Volym is full, if to trust my memory (I was in Estonia). Could it be that Gordon took a ride on his buggy from Russia to Estonia? Could be, there aren't any country borders in Half-Life 2 ;)

EDIT: Port 5 is written in Russian letters, only handwritting letters. In Russian handwritting and typewriter letters are different.

Unbelievably no one has posted this yet.

If you talk to Vortigaunt who is near the appearance of the "David Blaine" character in Black Mesa East. He will tell you pretty much the entire story of Half-Life (backstory/all). Evidently, the Vortigaunt were controled by the final boss character from Half-life 1 (we already knew this). However, according to them, they are just tolerating Humans and Gordon himself merely because 'We serve the same goal, the disestablishment of our bonds to the darker authority" Also, he mentions something about "many people inside of your mind". The thing that struck me the funniest was "We can still see you inside that test chamber freeman"

I don't know if this has been posted or not and it's not much of an easter egg but ohwell.

In the early parts of ravenholm right after you throw the switch that cuts the electricity to the fence and ladder you have to climb (near the building where you see father gregory for the first time) you can see a fast zombie darting along the roof tops. This is well before you first encounter any live fast zombies. I had already beaten the game when i spotted this and it scared me a little to look up and see one of those little b****** that close in a part of the leve i was sure contained none. I wonder what i would've thought if I had seen that the first time through the game.

Valve sure puts a lot of detail in their games.

About the Combine mask thingy, I think it says 'Breath Muffler' or something like that.

This is from the halflife fallout website i gound, i have checked this and its pretty cool.
David Blaine Sighting?
In Black Mesa East, just after following Judith through the locked door, there is a chain link fence. Just as you get there, a citizen begins walking away from you on the other side. Noclip through the fence and follow him. At the end of the tunnel he just starts walking back and forth, stopping when he turns around to... levitate? Cool, eh? Probably just a bug? Take a closer look. The citizen bears a more than striking resemblance to David Blaine. Blaine's fans would know of his most infamous "street magic" illusions involving levitating a few inches off the ground.
Picture Here

EDIT: Ignore this post, im being a newbie and not reading other posts first :D

Calxx said:
This is from the halflife fallout website i gound, i have checked this and its pretty cool.

Picture Here

EDIT: Ignore this post, im being a newbie and not reading other posts first :D

Ive never seen that model in HL2, could it possibly be for Aftermath?

I here one romer that are one secret cave existe someware wen you drive the beachbuggin "Highway 17". Have sumbuddy see that cave?

jbond03 said:
Did anyone notice the russian writing over the gate in the hover boat level?

port5.jpg

It says "Port 5" in russian which i found really odd, because this is america, still, isnt it or did the communist take over? (makes you think) :borg:

in raising the bar they used eastern europe architecture becuz "the old and the new clash" representing human architecture with combine technology added

yes we noticed it a long long time ago.

MickeyAsh said:
Ty ty... =)
About the location of the game... the amount of information given to us in the game doesn't even necessarily tell us that it's on Earth. Hear me out on this one:

Where was Black Mesa? I had always considered it to be somewhere in Arizona... perhaps Utah even, but always a Southwestern united state. (were we ever told where Black Mesa was in HL?)

Barney, Kleiner, Freeman and "The Eli Vance" were all in Black Mesa. Alyx tells us that Breen was our old Administrator in Black Mesa, as well... so he was there. Eli said Alyx and that picture were the only two things he could rescue from Black Mesa, so Alyx must've lived there with Eli and her mother.

Now, the best assumption I've made is indeed that City 17 is indeed SOMEWHERE in Europe. Judging by the Architecture, sewer systems (large ones like that seem to be typically european), various writing on buildings in Latin and Russian. The spelling of Nova Prospekt (with a K) is interesting and suggests a Russian influence. Interestingly a Google for "Prospekt" brings up that a main road in St. Petersburg, Russia is called "Nevsky Prospekt." Overwhelmingly we're pointed to Russia. Curious that people from other continents (the US) were exported to Russia, no? Also interesting to cover is that nobody in City 17 has any foreign accent that I can recall, outside domestic US. I'd have expected a "In Soviet Russa... Gravity Gun uses YOU!!" Have a look at some of the pictures at http://www.nevsky-prospekt.com/. Looks quite very familiar, no?

We know the Earth was attacked by an alien force (in-game newspapers illustrate that beyond doubt), and Earth surrendered. But if we just surrendered, why not lock everyone up in individual numbered cities nearby our original location? Specifically, why not lock up the Black Mesa employees in Arizona, or wherever we were? Were continents dessimated or rendered unihabitable? Was enough of the Earth's population murdered that everyone remaining on the planet could be contained in a few small cities in Russia?

At the point where we start discussing this comes the possibility that we're not even on Earth anymore in the game...

1) We're on Earth
2) We're not on Earth, or
3) None of this is real (unlikely I think, but a possibility)

I'm still wondering why the Vortigaunts refer to Eli as "The Eli Vance"... is it just a quirk they have or is it something more? We're "The Freeman/Free Man" maybe there's some significance in Eli that we don't know about. Curious that we're the only two names the Vortigaunts use (aside from Nihilanth)...

nice find but obviously ur a noob hl2: raising the bar has the script of eli telling gordon of whats been happening. it says that we were over run by headcrabs and other creatures from xen already. so we went to cities for protection. soon after the 7-hour war started and the citadels started comin up

I noticed in the Water Hazard level, before you reach the control tower, there's a red container near you. And it has "U S A" in small letters on the side.
Like this;
HL2_USA_Thingy.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also found something from the official HL2 Trailer. The UMF Sign, in "Follow Freeman!", outside of the Citadel Wall.
(Remember that part where the guy threw the F and U letters at the Strider, with the Gravity Gun? And everyone was laughing in the background about it)
HL2_UMF_Sign.jpg

BeaverMon said:
I noticed in the Water Hazard level, before you reach the control tower, there's a red container near you. And it has "U S A" in small letters on the side.
Like this;
HL2_USA_Thingy.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also found something from the official HL2 Trailer. The UMF Sign, in "Follow Freeman!", outside of the Citadel Wall.
(Remember that part where the guy threw the F and U letters at the Strider, with the Gravity Gun? And everyone was laughing in the background about it)
HL2_UMF_Sign.jpg
[/QU

sry if im asking an old question but how did u get the green lettering like ur health and ammo and stuff. im supposing its a mod?

ive learned that the crates in nova prospekt with the letters np on it are found in counter strike: source. namely the map called cs_compoud. the dam place has 6 crates in one area and all have np on it same as in nova.

CS is helping the Combine to invade Earth! Oh noes! Who and how will defend us from all the 1337 h4x0rz?

iMMuNiTy said:
CS is helping the Combine to invade Earth! Oh noes! Who and how will defend us from all the 1337 h4x0rz?
I kinda figured Jesus would, and all.

Solidsocom said:
sry if im asking an old question but how did u get the green lettering like ur health and ammo and stuff. im supposing its a mod?
Substance Mod. :)

Quote: Here are some references to 1984...There are many more I'm sure.
(dunno who by and when)

this really struck me as well, i recently read 1984 and the similarities were so strong i imagine the landscape of 1984's london as city 17. especially as evry1 wears blue overalls in both. also the way the book describes a helicopter on the 1t page reminds of teh dropship/gunship flying over near the beginning just before u meet alyx. also the striders have been inspired from the alien in HG wells "war of the worlds". people have probably noticed this from the film, sry if its already been posted.

no on to what i reall wanted to talk about, on page 1 mickeyash talks about the inscription on the domeshaped building. ad astra per aspera seems to be quite a common motto (its the state motto of kansas) a similar phrase "ad astra per ardua" (which means the same thing ) is the motto of the Malvany family (hell i dont know who they are either) + the RAF - UKs Air force.

Also the monument at cape canaveral to the astronauts of apollo 1 who died during a rehearsal in one of the modules due to a pure oxygen air supply + bare wires which caused a big fire (the monument is shown in the film "armageddon") has a plaque bearing this motto. if this part of the game was being made just after the columbia disaster it may be something added by whoever adds in the little details as a kind of remembrance to the astronauts who died in the columbia disaster.

if not maybe the guy comes from kansas + felt patriotic. i dunno, just thinking aloud really.

Back