EBGames rolls release date back again.

S

StukaFox

In my email this morning:

"On Tuesday of this week we sent the email below to all of our customers who pre-ordered Half-Life 2. We are writing you today to keep you as up to date as possible about the status of this highly anticipated game. We have now moved our projected release date back up to November 27, 2003. Please keep in mind that this date is very tentative and is likely to change a few times before it starts shipping."

Everyone has to guess until valve sa.....well no, they don't know either so ;)

Guess we will only know when it's seen on shelves :upstare:

Originally posted by Alyx
Everyone has to guess until valve sa.....well no, they don't know either so ;)

Guess we will only know when it's seen on shelves :upstare:

haha! even then I think some of us will be weary, is it true, could it be??

A retailer release date is a retailer release date. I'm not believing it just because I'd like that to be the release date.

Originally posted by antistructure
haha! even then I think some of us will be weary, is it true, could it be??

hehe, yea, people will see it and be in absolute shock...theyll punch themselves multiple times to see if theyre dreaming. and still be extremely shocked and surprised "could it be? after all this time???"

Originally posted by Bandages
they'll punch themselves multiple times to see if they're dreaming.

Only to pass out and wake up half an hour later when all copies are sold out.

Originally posted by StukaFox
In my email this morning:

"On Tuesday of this week we sent the email below to all of our customers who pre-ordered Half-Life 2. We are writing you today to keep you as up to date as possible about the status of this highly anticipated game. We have now moved our projected release date back up to November 27, 2003. Please keep in mind that this date is very tentative and is likely to change a few times before it starts shipping."

Thats not the email I got...

"On Tuesday of this week we sent the email below to all of our customers who pre-ordered Half-Life 2. We are writing you today to keep you as up to date as possible about the status of this highly anticipated game. We have now moved our projected release date back up to November 27, 2003. Please keep in mind that this date is very tentative and is likely to change 53 more times before it starts shipping."

how about releasing a benchmark demo thingy... I could prob wait till next year wit one :p

I don't know, I see this as good news. Even though retailer release dates are generally unreliable, I would imagine that they have SOME reason for changing things. Although I'm sure it's not an accurate date, it is a positive indication taht we'll see the game before the end of the year.

Who knows when it will be out, I will believe it when I have it in my hands. I have never seen so much hype/rumors/media frenzy surrounding a game in my life. All I have to say is this had better be ONE GOOD GAME when its all said and done. I have little doubt it will live up to expectations, its just a big waiting game. I feel like I am at the dmv waiting for service and my number is 99999999 :O

Not all retailer dates are bad - at least the bigger companies like Amazon have more leeway; to demand a date is more becoming to them.

But in cases such as this where it seems even valve don't know Amazon too resort to fabricating one themselves.

ehhh...that'll be nice if it's real. in the meantime, we'll have call to duty and max payne 2 to whet our appetite.

Didn't you guys hear? The game was released September 30. Now I know why all the multiplayer servers are empty.

if it's nov 27th that means the game has already gone gold and is being prepared for distribution, which means all that valve is working on is steam, i wish someone knew someone who worked there haha ;p

Originally posted by genocide604
my eb games in canada has the same date... so hopefully it holds :)

Because they got it from the same database. :dozey:

Originally posted by hunteraz
if it's nov 27th that means the game has already gone gold and is being prepared for distribution, which means all that valve is working on is steam, i wish someone knew someone who worked there haha ;p

Already gone gold?? How many copies do you think they're gonna make??

We don't know if it's gone GOLD. Most games go GOLD two weeks before they are shipped. And VALVe said they wouldn't keep it secret...well, that might not be true. They have said A LOT of things ,but that's beside the point. I think the main thing, right now, is Steam. But I'm sure the dev. team is using that time to optimize Hl2. Why waste time you have? I think, if they announce, it'll go GOLD between the 6th and the 15th. This is the best estimate, for the currently slated date.

-Ghost.

Well, as long as they're going to pack the game with gold, it should be worth the wait. Now shut up about release dates.

Well lets throw a date to look forward to shall we ;) ..

hmm 2 weeks before nov27th..

nov13th gold date :D

Originally posted by genocide604
Well lets throw a date to look forward to shall we ;) ..

hmm 2 weeks before nov27th..

nov13th gold date :D

Isn't that the Half Life 5yr anniversery?

This is probably to stop people cancelling their pre-orders, watch them move the release date back in small steps.

I noticed that Amazon are now slating a november date, as are gameplay.com

Fingers crossed.

The 6th and 15th of Nov. that is, forget the write that...doe!

-Ghost.

BTW: In reply to RapSidious, yes, that is the approx. anniversary of Hl, it's been so long I don't remember if it was the 15th, or what. That's all the more reason to be optimistic! Watch, and see, my friends.

Ok I have a question for the mods..
I stated this on Wed, but my thread was deleted...
Why??????

Originally posted by Dragonsfire73
Ok I have a question for the mods..
I stated this on Wed, but my thread was deleted...
Why??????

^^^^
*post deleted* :cheese:

So HL1 was released November 27th? Even more the reason to believe it will be out this year on the anniversary.

best buy says the 2nd -11th, seems a tad early to me..but thats where i have mine preordered.

You better imagine i'm gonna be as giddy as a school girl when i get that shipped email around that time. :)

Back