EBGames rolls release date back again.

Trying to predict a release date by following the information that retailers release is just about as accurate as sacrificing a goat a 'reading' the entrails.

hehe... it'd be cool if VALVe just announced that it's gone gold, out of nowhere.

Now that's marketing. :E

Originally posted by mosquave
This is probably to stop people cancelling their pre-orders, watch them move the release date back in small steps.

Exactly. I think April '04 is when it will be released...;(

Everyone will go into shock/coma when this game actually goes gold.

Originally posted by Axium
Everyone will go into shock/coma when this game actually goes gold.

haha more like, that is BS its not gone gold, the trolls that is :cheese:

I'll believe its comin out when I see Best Buys start to put out ads for it and things like "pre-order your copy now!" signs.

that's the first hint I had it wouldn't be out September 30th. I went to Best Buys multiple times in September and I NEVER saw any hint of HL2 even in existence. Trust me, the best way you know when a game is comin out is when you see those signs. Valve will make sure stores like Best Buys will know when it will come out (as time approaches the real release date). After all, it only makes sense. Valve will sell its game through stores like Best Buys, and if the stores aren't prepared to sell, then Valve's profits will take a shit.

Don't listen to all this crap about release dates... I'm lookin out for commercials or those advertisements stores put up- that's when you know a game release is imminent.

Back