****ed up FPS in Stress test! (X800XT PE)

3mRy^

So.. Got the following system:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon 3200+
2x256mb DDR PC3200
X800pro Vivo @XT PE

And when i load the stress test with 1280x1024 with all at high and 8xaa/8xAF and Vsync on i get an average score of 58FPS which is way low with my setup.

Dont tell me that my CPU is a bottleneck cuz people with 9700Pro get the same FPS or even more than me.

anybody got an idea?

Turn off your vsync. It limits your fps to 60.. or whatever you have you refresh rate set to, but it looks like 60.

Try turning off AA. If you still get around 60 then yeah, it's vsync that should be killed.

If Vsync is off, then make sure your motherboard drivers are installed (AGP drivers). Then do the following:

Download Drivercleaner (Google it)
Download Catalyst 4.10 With Catalyst Control center
Uninstall your display driver (Add/remove programs)
Restart your computer
Start up Drivercleaner to remove the last traces of your drivers
Install Catalyst 4.10 with CCC again.

Good luck mate.

StinkyMojo said:
Turn off your vsync. It limits your fps to 60.. or whatever you have you refresh rate set to, but it looks like 60.

My Refresh rate is 75hz which makes that not to be the problem. and i hate to play games without Vsync. i get like maybe 70FPS without Vsync which isnt sufficient.

About Using Drivercleaner. that wasent enough for me so i formated my computer and installed Omega 2.5.90 right away and the Motherboard drivers.

There is nothing wrong with my setup, in my thoughts, cuz i get around 5800p in 3dmark05 with the omega 2.5.90 which is pretty good. The weird thing is that there is a guy i chat and compare our results over MSN and he's got all higher scores than me.
When it comes to Doom3 i have like 58FPS with 1024x768 @ All high and 8xFSAA.

Thanks for your help everybody!

vsync limits it to 60 fps in CS ..it _is_ a problem .. you need refreshlock to force it at 70 - 75hz

Vidrio said:
vsync limits it to 60 fps in CS ..it _is_ a problem .. you need refreshlock to force it at 70 - 75hz

Hmm.. how come my friend then got 72FPS in Vsync with hes' 17" TFT with a Refreshrate at 75hz. with a 2.8Ghz P4 CPU and 512mb DDR ram and a X800Pro (not flashed to XT PE)

I love it when people are all cocky and angry about it.

Try updating your graphics drivers, checking your directX (start>run>dxdiag aswell) - rebooting. Trying again.

BTW source is very CPU dependant, if thats a 32bit processor thatll be your bottleneck.

Your CPU is a bottleneck. Your RAM is a bottleneck. Vsync is bottlenecking. 8xAA is bottlenecking.

What wrong with 58fps, i can hardly see much difference above 50,its negligable.

8xAA doesn't even exist on ATI cards, so wtf are you talking about?

DarkSonic said:
Your CPU is a bottleneck. Your RAM is a bottleneck. Vsync is bottlenecking. 8xAA is bottlenecking.

I agree, and don't believe for a second ppl with a 9700 pro are getting the same results.

(just turn off/lower AA and AF, turn off v-sync, and it'll be fine)

I have

9700 pro
amd 3200+
1gb ddr ram @ 333mhz

I get 55fps.

Ady said:
8xAA doesn't even exist on ATI cards, so wtf are you talking about?

meant 6xAA. sorry. everybody can do a little typo. dont need to get upset :E

And anyway. my pal just ran the stress test with Vsync on with the following setup (ill repeat)

X800Pro (not XT PE which i have)
2.8Ghz p4 (32bit!!) <----- !!!
512mb DDR Ram <---- !!!

Runs it in:
1280x1024
6xAA and 16xAF
High
Vsync ON! <---- !!!

And he's getting like 75FPS on hes' stress test. i dont really think he lies about it. so explain how he can get a higher FPS then with a setup that isn't as good as mine.

3mRy^ said:
meant 6xAA. sorry. everybody can do a little typo. dont need to get upset :E

And anyway. my pal just ran the stress test with Vsync on with the following setup (ill repeat)

X800Pro (not XT PE which i have)
2.8Ghz p4 (32bit!!) <----- !!!
512mb DDR Ram <---- !!!

Runs it in:
1280x1024
6xAA and 16xAF
High
Vsync ON! <---- !!!

And he's getting like 75FPS on hes' stress test. i dont really think he lies about it. so explain how he can get a higher FPS then with a setup that isn't as good as mine.

thats because he is running 75hz

download ati tray tools and force 75hz in games
then try again.
but you can get more if you turn off vsync
vsync limits the framerate with the monitor refresh rate

60 hz 60 fps
75hz 75fps
85hz 85fps
100hz 100fps

gl fixing it
oh www.google.com to find ati tray tools

I have a 3.2ghz P4 @ 3.8GHZ, 1.5GB of RDRAM at PC1066, and an GigaByte x800 XT PE @ 560/1250, I get 70-80FPS on the stress test wit 1600x1200, all GFX settings at max, 16xAF and 8xAA...I got 8FPS before I formatted so I thought my card was defective at first. When I formmated I got 80FPS. So your problem is defently a driver one.

seed007 said:
I have a 3.2ghz P4 @ 3.8GHZ, 1.5GB of RDRAM at PC1066, and an GigaByte x800 XT PE @ 560/1250, I get 70-80FPS on the stress test wit 1600x1200, all GFX settings at max, 16xAF and 8xAA...I got 8FPS before I formatted so I thought my card was defective at first. When I formmated I got 80FPS. So your problem is defently a driver one.

You may have not read my posts, where i say that i have formated my computer. and it's the same result. which means its NOT a driver issue here.

Immortal said:
What wrong with 58fps, i can hardly see much difference above 50,its negligable.

and i don't like tea, so please do not drink anymore, thanks.

Immortal said:
Ever heard of the allmighty e-penis? :LOL:More fps is king here.

zer0kewl said:
thats because he is running 75hz

download ati tray tools and force 75hz in games
then try again.
but you can get more if you turn off vsync
vsync limits the framerate with the monitor refresh rate

60 hz 60 fps
75hz 75fps
85hz 85fps
100hz 100fps

gl fixing it
oh www.google.com to find ati tray tools

Well i may have not said that but i'm using 75hz as a refreshrate on my screen as well because i have the same Monitor as he except it's a 19". i know what Vsync does and how it works.

azz0r said:
BTW source is very CPU dependant, if thats a 32bit processor thatll be your bottleneck.

wtf are you talking about? even the AMD64 CPU's dont even use 64 bit mode because linux is the only OS with 64bit support for PC's. with people using windos as their OS they wont be utilizing the 64bit mode. your statement is just crap. just because his CPU is 32bit doesnt mean its automatcally a bottleneck. his bottlenecks are his FSB which is running at an effectibe speed of 400Mhz which is kinda slow in today's computing world. yes, CS:Source is CPU limited and this can and will cause performance issues. he should be getting pretty good FPS (id say in the 80-100 range) if he would disable Vsync. i have a P4 3.2Ghz, 1gig ram pc4000, 6800GT and the only map that tears me a new one is aztec. i play at 1280x1024 high settings no AA 8xAF.

Back