Edit wav and preserve phenomes?

Latin_Jones

Reaction score
Do you guys know of any way to modify a .wav files that you have setup in the phenome extractor without losing your lip synching? My audio files aren't loud enough and I need to normalize the audio but I don't want to lose the hours of work I've put into synching them up!

Anybody?

If all you want to do is increase the volume of the wav file then it shouldn't distort the lip synching of your character, right? If this is true, then you can use a free program, which I have used and find very useful, called Goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com/release.php) to make the file louder and then use that in place of your original file. Just drag and drop your wav file into Goldwave and then go to, at the top on the menu bar, Effect->Volume->Change. Then you can move the slider to the right to increase the volume. If you can't raise the volume enough with one pass of the volume effect, just run it a second time.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for. Good luck.

No luck with goldwave.

The phenome editor embeds some information about the lip synching into the wav file and I'm guessing that resaving the wav in a different program is removing the embedded information...I think I'm hosed.

I want to break something... :angry:

Why don't you export the lip-syncing to a text document, change the volume, then import it back into the edited file?

the only way you can probably do it is not change the wav files at all but instead edit the sounds.txt files that refer to them in the scripts folder. Simpy change how loudly the game plays them. Of course this means you'll have to normalise "manually" but at least you wont loose the work.

flashlazlo said:
Why don't you export the lip-syncing to a text document, change the volume, then import it back into the edited file?

This is exactly what I needed. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Back