Editing weapon values

Deathwish-uk-

Reaction score
Does anyone know the file I can use to edit how powerful weapons are in HL2? Or will I have 2 download the full SDK?

yep /unless u download a mod made by someone else/ i'm learnind this at the moment with the SDK/

sk_plr_dmg_(insert weapon name here)

in console

you have to redo this everytime the game loads unless you put it in your config file i think.

Flyingdebris said:
sk_plr_dmg_(insert weapon name here)

in console

you have to redo this everytime the game loads unless you put it in your config file i think.

Thanks, but how can I then set how powerful I want the weapon to be? What is the default or value of another weapon so I can work with a comparison.

How about accuracy? The pistol needs to actually be able to hit stuff...

I want to learn how to change the weapons around. I mostly want to change the amount of ammunition you can carry in the guns, like raising the reserve amount of ammo for the .357 and shotty, and increasing the shotgun tube mag back to 8. I'd also like to make a mod where you get the super grav gun instead of the normal one in the junk yard or when you type in the code to get it. I know there is a way to get it now, but I want to be able to get it and not have all the other guns evaporate enemies too.

tell the console to list all the sk cvars. I changed irifle and magnum ammo up.

It's either listcvar sk or something like that.

It's cvarlist, but I dont understand it, i cant get it to work, what do I need to type into get a weapon more powerful, I typed in:

sk_npc_dmg_crowbar and added 100 at the end and had no effect. Type in cvarlist yourselves and see.

Deathwish-uk- said:
It's cvarlist, but I dont understand it, i cant get it to work, what do I need to type into get a weapon more powerful, I typed in:

sk_npc_dmg_crowbar and added 100 at the end and had no effect. Type in cvarlist yourselves and see.

Theres your problem, you set it for the NPC's so if some NPC was carrying a crowbar and hit you, you'd take 100 damage. You need to set it to plr which is short for PLAYER. that way you'll deal the damage of 100.

-Alix

Damage in the skills.cfg, go there and edit your stuff. Then rename it to something else, mod.cfg for example. While playing type in exec mod.cfg in the console.

Back