Efficient: Reliable Source?

nbk-brando

Reaction score
Around 2:30am MST:

• <nbk-bran|zzz> Efficient: Is your information that you give out exclusive (Info from Valve)? Or do you pull it from the pack like the others?

<Efficient> Yes.

<nbk-bran|zzz> Efficient: By information I mean: New HL2 media, new HL2 updates, New Steam updates, etc.

<Efficient> Yes, same thing with Ritchey

<nbk-bran|zzz> Efficient: Who do you recieve this info from, if you don't mind me asking?

<Efficient> Erik
    <Efficient> Ritchey

<nbk-bran|zzz> Efficient: Many people have begun to disregard your information due to the lack of product. Now, as we know this info comes from the source, how does this make you feel?

<Efficient|sleep> Feel free to email Erik, it's not an easy job doing this for you guys you know.

While this was the 4th consecuetive time I had asked these questions, his response did not exactly clear up the confusion from where I'm standing. Besides answering complicated questions with an inappropriate "yes" or "no", I have tendancy to doubt either
(1) Erik who fed him false information or (2) Efficient who is trying to look good by feeding false information.

Either way, I don't feel anything was accomplished here, just wanted to fill in some HL fans, is all.

i wouldnt trust these guys, going on their responses. sus.

Efficient is just a mod over at the steampowered forums.

He's been wrong a lot in the past.

Today he said the media might be released monday, but more likely tuesday.

just have to wait and see...

Your avatar is really sick Crptic.. poor kittys... someone should take a mallet to you and see if it's funny :)

$2000. I'll bring the mallet, but you have to provide plane tickets and a hotel.

lol guys, maybe i should make it smash headcrabs or something...?:p

Smashing headcrabs would be cooler :)

Still cruel, but cool.

oh the spam.... stop it.

No I wouldn't trust anybody who doesn't quote from Valve, exactly... who is Erik anyway.... Minister of Misinformation for Valve :p (if this is correct).... the majority of the Valve team are Really helpful :) (thanks Chris B)

At time this don't trust anyone. Apart from halflife2.net that is ;)

Originally posted by Munro
At time this don't trust anyone. Apart from halflife2.net that is ;)

Yep, same here. I'll trust the videos even exist *only* when I see them avaliable for download. Not to mention that the release dates we were given by Valve were just as bogus as any other release date we got from Efficient or the guy in the alley behind the pizza place.

I honestly don't trust that guy at all, he didn't even know what format the videos were gonna be, yet he claims he works for steam. Then he claims he doesn't, and gets info from ErikJ. He's one shifty mofo, i wouldn't trust him at all.

Valve need a better way at releasing official information than through these steam moderators, a ticker on steam would be nice :)

Gotta love people that answer yes or no to a multiple choice question.

Don't listen to that guy.. He's a ****ing idoit that thinks he knows something because hes a mod on the steam forums. He knows nothing more than anyone else. He asks questions thru spammy childish emails like everyone else.

i think ure too harsh this guy might be right and then valve changes their mind in the last minute or something.

Why is he always asking ErikJ questions in irc, if he's part of steam?

Back