Elevators?

TigerStar

Reaction score
Ok, I've just started mapping a roleplaying map for gmod, but I've come to a quick conclusion of, how do I make it so people can futuristically go floor to floor on a spacestation? A really cool looking elevator. So, I've been following how to make the prop tutorials on elevators, but it just doesn't float my boat, so I decided to make a custom one. Here's my outputs and such on the buttons and that.

Well, actually first I'll list my floors.

First floor: Police Floor
Second Floor: City Floor
Third Floor: Country Side
Fourth Floor: A hangar

Now, I have a button to go to each one of those. I just don't know what I need for outputs, here's what I have right now.

OnPressed|PoliceFloor|SetNextPathCorner|CityFloor

That's it. Now, if it helps any, my elevator is named elevator.

Something like.

Name: Policefloorbutton
onPressed
Target:elevator
Output: SetNextPathCorner
Override: Policefloor

OnPressed.
Target: elevator
Output: StartForward

Then have the path_corner for the elevator have a

onpassed
Target: Elevator
Output: Stop

The button sets the new destinaton and starts the elevator. When the elevator reaches it's path corner it will be told by said corner to stop.

Might work.

Little problem, my elevator's can't set it's own pathcorner or something. I did exactly what you said, but it just WON'T work.

Please elaborate.

the elevator should not set the path corner. The button you press should do this.

say police button is pressed. the button then sets the elevator's (Func_tracktrain, yes?) next path corner to the police corner. Then it tells the elevator to move. Elevator should now move happily to police path_corner.

Upon reaching the path_corner the path_corner should tell the func_tracktrain to stop. And then they sit and wait until you press another button.

The elevator itself should give no outouts. only recieve inputs. Hope that that helps.

Back