Eli Vance sounds like a gansta rapper

Jangle

Tank
Reaction score
he does. In hl1 he had a normal voice and now he's all like 'damn, bitch'. well, he doesnt say that but he sounds like that. Especially on that bit before ravenholm when youre in the airlock with alyx and dog and hes on the little screen. hes like 'aaaaaaalyx, is gordon with you?' best character voice ever. :afro:

Well, he'd probably be the first 77 year old rapper EVER....

Recognize his voice from Lion King? He was the shamen monkey thing Rafikki...

Paravel said:
Well, he'd probably be the first 77 year old rapper EVER....

Recognize his voice from Lion King? He was the shamen monkey thing Rafikki...
He was????

And who was Benson??

Sorry, this is all new to me.

wow i never knew that either, thats pretty cool
is it the same guy from hl1 or a different guy?

"Benson" was the name of a series( and the main character) which was itself a spin-off from the seventies sitcom "Soap", in which he played a cynical and reluctant butler.

Psychx said:
wow i never knew that either, thats pretty cool
is it the same guy from hl1 or a different guy?

No, it was definitely someone else. I don't think VAVLe had any major voice talent on the first game. Also, if you look at bio's of the actor who plays Eli (Robert Guillaume) which can be found at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0347039/, you will notice that ONLY Half Life 2 is listed, not Half Life 1, so he did not do any of the voice work for that game.

Robert Guillaume was also on the cast of Sports Night, which was a great show that got great ratings but no one ever watched... so it was canceled after 2 seasons. Speaking of which, Sports Night is a great buy for anyone who wants to give a slightly expensive gift, I don't really care about sports but I still loved it.

Robert Guillaume was Benson? Damn, that guy was too cool, I can't believe I didn't recognize him!

I knew I recognized his voice, he's from Sports Night. That was bugging the hell out of me.

yea. for some reason i cant here any sound coming from those video monitors while playing hl2.

I'm sorry but I don't "hear" how you think he sounds like a rapper of any nature. That is beyond me.

He sounds like he's Black. Not all black people are rappers.

SAJ said:
"Benson" was the name of a series( and the main character) which was itself a spin-off from the seventies sitcom "Soap", in which he played a cynical and reluctant butler.
These kids, eh, SAJ?

Nah you want Vampire Bloodlines Fat Larry for that role.

Feath said:
He sounds like he's Black. Not all black people are rappers.

The media gives alot of people this view quite sadly. Much like the view that everyone Asian is fantastic with technology and naturally smart.

Damn ye stereotypes! Damn ye!

SimonomiS said:
The media gives alot of people this view quite sadly. Much like the view that everyone Asian is fantastic with technology and naturally smart.

Damn ye stereotypes! Damn ye!
Don't forget: Asian people are great musicians and can't drive worth shit!

He has way more personality now. He used to share the same voice as kliener before.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Don't forget: Asian people are great musicians and can't drive worth shit!

You better watch what you say because you know all Asian people are expert martial artists.

Back