Elton John: Shut Down The Internets!

clarky003

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007350453,00.html

POP legend Sir Elton John wants the internet CLOSED DOWN.

Never one to keep his opinions to himself, the Rocket Man has waded into cyberspace with all guns blazing.

He claims it is destroying good music, saying: “The internet has stopped people from going out and being with each other, creating stuff.

“Instead they sit at home and make their own records, which is sometimes OK but it doesn’t bode well for long-term artistic vision.

“It’s just a means to an end.

“We’re talking about things that are going to change the world and change the way people listen to music and that’s not going to happen with people blogging on the internet.

“I mean, get out there — communicate.

“Hopefully the next movement in music will tear down the internet.

“Let’s get out in the streets and march and protest instead of sitting at home and blogging.

“I do think it would be an incredible experiment to shut down the whole internet for five years and see what sort of art is produced over that span.

“There’s too much technology available.

“I’m sure, as far as music goes, it would be much more interesting than it is today.”
:x

Cock loving, drug headed, toupee donning twat.

GTFO "Sir" Reginald. Ehh, Elton.

I like his music but I will admit this guy is a twat. And besides is there anything inherently wrong with staying on the internet and not communicating with the outside world? *long pause* Okay maybe I'm the only one that thinks that.

I agree. **** the internet, I don't want to see anymore blogs.

TURN IT OFF.

wiki said:
afterwards he said, "You can call me a fat, balding, talentless old queen who can't sing — but you can't tell lies about me."

Good musician, dont like his music though. But really, his opinions means **** all.

OH NOES! NOT CHANGE!!!!!

shut the **** up old man

Elton John's an a-hole. He doesn't even write the lyrics to his own songs. His writing partner hands him some lyrics on paper, then he sits at a piano and comes up with a little tune.

It's an interesting point, though.

Let me grab every arguement I can think of.

Done.

Kidding.

Anyway.

This is rather akin to "Video killed the radio star". He's trying to cling to his old ways of composing because he fears the future. HE FEARS IT I SAY.

Or he is just trying to shut down the internet because of music pirating, but is attempting to be sneaky about it by saying we're all losers who dont talk to people in real life.

He's just jealous none of us are stealing his songs...

... Because they suck ass.

He's right though.

Did Mozart have the internet? No. Did Led Zeppelin have the internet? No.

No good music will ever be released again because the internet destroys solitude. It destroys the perfect environment for creative minds to thrive.

Instead the mindless sheep of the world are all over myspace and facebook penising themselves all over the web.

What a sad end to music.

**** you FOX.

He's right though.

No good music will ever be released again because the internet destroys solitude. It destroys the perfect environment for creative minds to thrive.

Instead the mindless sheep of the world are all over myspace and facebook penising themselves all over the web.

What a sad end to music.

**** you FOX.

The musicians who just the internet to get places wont last, its those who actually sit down in a group and work together that really get to the high places. The internet is only a good music distributor to a certain extent.

He's right though.

What a sad end to music.

**** you FOX.

Yet despite that a lot of great bands are popping up all the time, many of which don't use the internet as a medium. The music industry itself is what is destroying music, a lot of good honest talent is just ignored these days.

Elton.jpg

Come on, why are you even arguing on his logic ?
I only see wisdom in those ......pretty eyes.

He's right though.

You seem to think Mozart and Led Zep are the apex of musical quality. I beg to differ.

Any way, Elton can take it up the ass on this one.

If anything, the Internet is a good factor towards music. Sending and uploading files instead of having to post them around or deliver them, easy access to databases of information, a whole network of millions of people to help/comment/criticise, etc. What a bell. Just because his career is full of ****ing horseshit doesn't mean he has to ruin it for the rest of us.

Yes, because the internet is ONLY used for blogging and making your own music...

Lets completely forget the good things that spawn from it. Like CP.

The stupidity of "artists" and "musicians" never fails to amaze me. This is so flawed in so many ways, the internet is used for so much more, not to mention that the internet is a great tool for music in a variety of ways.

yea it wouldn't hurt a thing to turn the internet off for 5 years for a random and pointless experiment of music. riiiight.

forget the billions of corporate and government uses of the internet, we've got to see if the internet is harming our kids musical creativity!! /sarcasm

Kill the internet before it kills artistic vision?

I'd rather have Magical Trevor than anything Elton can come up with. And I don't even like magical trevor.

If anything, the Internet is a good factor towards music. Sending and uploading files instead of having to post them around or deliver them, easy access to databases of information, a whole network of millions of people to help/comment/criticise, etc. What a bell. Just because his career is full of ****ing horseshit doesn't mean he has to ruin it for the rest of us.
Queue. Eff. Tea.

It really depresses me to see anyone say anything soooo stupid. Honestly, how can people be so wrong about anything...

Personally, I'm more worried about how this is going to sway the opinions of the millions of people who think of Elton John as some sort of demigod.

I think it's rediculous that he is more concerned with art than he is communication and knowledge. Because the Internet is the ultimate resource for that. I love art, but to destroy something like the internet for five years would hurt the economy so bad.

And about Elton John, he should have played Doctor Octopus in Spider-Man 2. Because he totally looks like him.

(by the way, what does QFT stand for?)

Back