Empires 2.0 Release Date Announced

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
The team behind the Empires mod ( one of the best Half-Life 2 mods ) just announced the release date of the anticipated new version of their mod. Empires 2.0 will be released on Nov 30 and contains more bug fixes and new features than all of the previous releases combined. They also released a trailer for the upcoming release, you can view it on Gametrailers or you can download it from here.[br]
1195254527_empire_logo.jpg
[br]
"This mod will make your head explode, reconstruct it, & make it explode again!"
[br]Here are some of the new features :
  • Many new world models and animations including projectile explosions, building sparks, weapon models, and tank deaths
  • All new first-person weapon models
  • Many weapons now have ironsights
  • Maps have been rendered with HDR
  • Scouts can now sabotage buildings to disarm or damage enemy infrastructure
  • Vehicles can run over infantry
  • Ability to play with over 48 players on one server
  • SourceTV support
Of course that's not all, you can find the full change list and more info here.

This has the potential to beat freakin' Monkeh Wars!

Sweet guys! Looking forward to play the new version!
Puts the pressure on us now, right?
Maybe we should release our release date for 3.0 now :p

Marc

Sweet guys! Looking forward to play the new version!
Puts the pressure on us now, right?
Maybe we should release our release date for 3.0 now :p

I'm really disappointed in how few people play HL2 mods. I'm actually hoping we can bring new people to the community, rather than stealing/borrowing them from other mods. As it is now every game has, imo, too few players. I think mods like insurgency, empires and eternal silence are different enough to not cause problems for eachother, but will hopefully be able to get more people interested, increasing the player base for all mods.

And then i get revived by my squadleader and the dream is gone ... but at least i have the chance to take revenge by killing the Brenodi bastard who shot me.

Silk, I think the reason why the mods are lacking people who play them, is because of their marketing. Mod developers don't focus enough on spreading the word and spend time on how to promote their game.
We have made that mistake with the first releases and thought we could get away with it. Matter of fact is that you have to do better today. Cause there are too many mods out there. You need to stick out and be better.

We mostly rely on word of mouth. There's not a lot of venues that spread the (mod) word besides niche sites such as moddb (which is in limbo with their overhaul) and hl2 news sites.

The GT advert should bring in some fresh faces and hopefully we can get some magazines interested.

cant wait to give this another shot, looking forward to this game

Back