Empires Mod Teaser video

Just two posts upwards. :p

DoobiePimpin said:
was mostly just ment to hold over the forums visiters, an official trailer is in the works.

Is this strictly online or is there some sort of co-op single player campaign?

It also looks like it takes off some of Homeworld's tech tree style, with research of things like "heavy tank chassis" etc

After NS' commander view, the Empires camera is going to be mana from heaven! :D

The HL engine pretty much forced the Commander's view to be set at a fixed distance because (A) it's the Half-Life engine and (B) the maps were quite detailed. If you look at these maps they're very basic, which means you can afford to have a free-ranging camera. I personally don't mind the maps effectively being displacements, the gameplay and the model detail will overshadow the need for pretty maps. This game isn't about 'realistic' maps, it looks like they're actually concentrating on gameplay as the main priority. I'm really looking forward to this, and I can't believe I was oblivious to its existance up until now.

Crispy E-shakes the hand of every team member involved in getting the game this far (they really deserve congratulating)

Yellonet said:
Too bad the video sucked... but the game seems quite good.
As far as telling me what the game's about and what working fetures they have implemented, I think the video did its job. There was a time where playing a mod for the first time was a result of having tapped into the e-grapevine and been intrigued by a the impressions of those who'd actually played the game. Gamers haven't always access to spiffy videos on which to base their opinions. There were days where playing the game was the precedent for making those decisions. Just because the video isn't hi-res, it doesn't mean it fails to give you a taste of what they're making. The technology may have changed but modders are still on a shoe-string budget, and if they have to compress the file to deal with the bandwidth problems that hordes of mod-hungry fanbois all hitting 'download' the second the video is released gives them then that's their perogative.

The Empires team definitely deserves every ounce of gratitude they get.

Let's just hope that if the first release ends up sucking, they don't quit working on it.
I've seen that happen to quite a few ambitious mods.

xlucidx said:
Sounds kind of like Savage.
God damn that game was fun ( ^_^ )

Varsity said:
After NS' commander view, the Empires camera is going to be mana from heaven! :D
I was particularly impressed by the camera, I hate being restricted so this looks the sechs!

-Crispy- said:
Crispy E-shakes the hand of every team member involved in getting the game this far (they really deserve congratulating)
QFT

Meh, the video may have been low-quality and soundless, but at least you could get an impression of what was happening!

I await further updates with baited breath.

WAR! HUNGH! WHAT IS IT GOOOD FOR? ...Empires Mod me-dia! SAY IT AGAIN!

wonder if vehicles can drive into that vehicle docking bay looking structure to get repaired or something.

Amazing stuff once again. I agree on the "soundless" part. At least putup a music score to accompany it, make it more "groovy" :p

well considering it was only meant to viewed by the forum goers and no one else until an actual media release version was released.

Natural-Selection will probably do it better.

But still looks fun as hell :)

EDCRAB?!
WHere the hell you been!

Really nice looking interface & building going on there. Well done to the Empires team :)

Back