End Boss???

S

SiR_Winsteh

you gotta admit the end boss in HL1 was pretty lame as are most end bosses

So do you think they should go for an end boss or just a crazy insane hard ass final level or even like a story ending where something crazy happens then the screen goes blank then the words

.....to be continued

I think that Valve will try to make the easiest boss ever, as well as the final level being the first level. Except with the boss (a combine).

Six Three said:
I think that Valve will try to make the easiest boss ever, as well as the final level being the first level. Except with the boss (a combine).

I always thought it would be the killer Rabbit out of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Qwertywasd said:
I always thought it would be the killer Rabbit out of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I think that would infringe :p

i was hoping for a battalion of City !7's Finest garden gnome's

I think the Combin Citadel is actually a transformer and you have to fight its final form. ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!

I think that would also infringe :p

I think the whole end boss thing is a bit lame to begin with.

If they have an "end boss" at all, I hope it's not actually a monster/person etc, but rather an objective. Not really an end boss I know, but it's the same principal in that some major "thing" must be overcome in order to succeed.

A lot could be done with time limits I think...like something bad will happen in 5 (actual game time, not just a number) minutes and you have to figure out how to stop it. Seems a bit more dramatic and has more of a sense of urgency than just fighting some big bag guy at the end.

Someone said:
fighting some big bag guy at the end.

Genius! ;)

I do agree that end bosses are a bit lame, but i do think they are a good way to end the game.

A giant robotic version of G-man or evil Eli Vance is my bet.

CrazyHarij said:
A giant robotic version of G-man or evil Eli Vance is my bet.

Hordon, H-man and Fli Vance...

Qwertywasd said:
Genius! ;)

I do agree that end bosses are a bit lame, but i do think they are a good way to end the game.

LOL good catch :p damn vodka!

I actually don't mind a really good end boss, but I think it's just generally overdone today. Seems like every level has to have one and it gets very stale. If it's JUST the end, and it was done nicely, than I wouldn't mind it as much (although still not a fan really).

I agree, end bosses can be a bit lame. Hopefully we wont see something too obscene at the end of HL2.

Azrael. said:
I agree, end bosses can be a bit lame. Hopefully we wont see something too obscene at the end of HL2.

Gabe's looking for a Teen rating for HL2, so it won't be too gory...heh.

end bosses are pretty lame, especially if they overdue it like the first HL
regardless of what anyone thinks of far cry, i thought they did a very good job on the end boss / level. it was challenging yet not overdone with some super mutated gargantua of a boss.

and seriously do not read the spoiler if you plan on playing thru far cry.
and not to mention shooting doyle while he tried cowering beind the computers in the last room was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences i've had in awhile. much more than killing some alien 500 times bigger than me that i'd never seen or heard of once before in the game

Half Life 2 ending
The end of level boss?
DR BREEN

Breen- "Don't hurt me please, i'm begging you. Look i'm kissing your orange and silver plated boots."

Gordon walks away, Breen stabs him in the back with a syringe, causing him to fall. Gordon wakes up to reveal that breen has turned him into a drone of the Combine Ranks.

Half Life 3 beginning?

Gordon does Breens biddings, until a Virus infects Gordons Augmented Parts and turns upon his former slavemaster

Another Ten yaers has passed, and you killed the former Rebels except Alyx, who released the virus

Ever played Serious Sam: First Encounter? Last level. When I'm near the end of the game I want to feel the same climate like I did playing that level.

The end is more like this.

On the top floor on that scary skytower:

Gordon walks slowly into a room, a room with a great view of city17. Gordon walks to the window and look out, suddenly the door into the door opens slowly and G-Man comes in. The end!

Yes, thats it!!

An enormous scale battle, which Gordon has to move around completing objectives in order to win the war, would be fun.

what was the OpFor boss all about, what did it do (within the HL storyline)? i cant remember.
I thought the bosses were kool, and i think Merc said he played the boss, so there probably is sime kind of boss. :)

I liked blue shift ending, press some buttons a couple of times, get teleported and then hang out with the geeks for a while.

i'm pretty sure somebody confirmed that the end boss is infact our very own ComradeBadger dressed in a pink miniskirt.

Onions said:
i'm pretty sure somebody confirmed that the end boss is infact our very own ComradeBadger dressed in a pink miniskirt.

Valve's most realistic feature yet! :cheese:

i dont mind what happens in the end as long as its good. I do NOT want a TO BE CONTINUED... ending. That would suck ;(

even better, u have to fight the citadel. That doesnt make much sense, as the citadel is a building, and it would kill u in seconds with its intense security systems

Well theres going to be a Halflife3 probably, since the domain has been registered already by VALVe, so what options do they have 'but a to be continued'....because that looks like whats gonna happen! :thumbs:

i don't mind the tobe continued bit as long as the ending was worth the fight up to it.. .

nothing is more annoying then working your way thru the game and it hint towards a sequal.
ie: DOom 3, GC II, hitman 3 (boy i hope hitman 4 will be good this time)

I picture that City 17 will fall during or at the end of the game. Something is going to happen that leads to its destruction, but there will be a bigger problem. The Citadel will fall along with the city, it could be unexpected or planned. I'm kind of thinking of an invasion from Xen or something... what I really want to know is what the G-Man is going to be up to, where is he going to be? Where will you see him? Will he help you? Hmm :p

:sleep: Humm do we really need an end boss?? That was fine back in the day, Hl2 will probably have a really good story to back the action. Do we really need an end boss, i gotta kill all these minions just to get to some super version of the rest, and if hes so strong why doesnt come out a kick my ass? Plz valve no end boss, i dont want to kill no more giant squid. Instead make gordon track down g-man and feed him to the fish. :p

Yeah i dont think an endboss would be nessesary. Just Gordon shooting the G-Man off the citidel, then Gordon goes and lives with the happy creatures of Xen!

HL2 ENDING:
Gordon, after killing the head combine king, returns to the underground bunker in City 17 only to find the G-Man in bed with Alyx. Gordon, furiously, yells at the top of his lungs, however, being unable to speak, only mouths the words. The G-Man stands up and says
"Well done misssster Freeeeman, however, your not supposed to be here, now get back to where you belong...."
and Gordon is transported to the G-Man's room at area-51 where he steals his geforce 6800 and 7 gig pcu and his copy of Xen, the Exotic and goes to live with John Kerry.

McFly said:
HL2 ENDING:
Gordon, after killing the head combine king, returns to the underground bunker in City 17 only to find the G-Man in bed with Alyx.
Stop there, and it's funny. :LOL:

Gordon, after killing the head combine king, returns to the underground bunker in City 17 only to find the G-Man in bed with Alyx.

I personally think it'd be cool to have the last fight be something like an aerial fight with the final bad guy. Like fighting with your enemy whilst falling from the top of that tower. That would be a rush. Don't ask me how you'd survive the fall though....but it'd be damn fun.

Back