End Train Ride (spoilah)

Tyguy

Space Core
Reaction score
I forget, why do Gordon and Alyx wait for the other train as opposed to just getting on the one Barney does? Seems like alot of trouble could of been avoided :rolling:

it was done to give you an extra 5 minutes of gameplay, and yeah. if they just got on the train with barney, alot of trouble would have been avoided, they would have completely escaped the citadel blast, and gotten away before the strider even got there

Lol, cover them. Create a distraction or something. I forget.

Barney is such a pansy....he always narrowly escapes trouble while Gordon cleans up.......

Completely Unrelated Question:
I was watching a speed run and was curious how the person was able to gain so much momentum simply by jumping, is this a script?

So that Barney and the rebels could escape without too much trouble.

it's called bunnyhopping, there's cariations as well, but it's basically an exploit of the physicsengine. Bunnyhopping is hated throughout proper online games although VALVe don't care about people bunnyhopping in sp

Off-topic: I think, no I'm certain that the series will go out with a train ride.

Actually its an Auto Hot Key script......nevermind

If I had my way

"F*** you, you be the distraction"

:cheese: :cheese:

I remember playing once and a rebel got left behind. Strider took care of him. :(

Right, we'll wait here, you go get those damn beers!

Completely Unrelated Question:
I was watching a speed run and was curious how the person was able to gain so much momentum simply by jumping, is this a script?

Bunny-hopping, you can do it in most FPS', I think.

You jump... A lot, the momentum of the player for one reason or another builds up and up and up and you move faster.

i killed the strider and another came... and another... and so forth. i then realised i had too move forward

i killed the strider and another came... and another... and so forth. i then realised i had too move forward

Never had this problem, maybe because i am allways out of enough ammo at the strider scene (i never use cheats), so i have to avoid the strider until i get a RPG (as supposed) instead of fighting it with the weapons i have at hand.

I think Valve should've rewarded you for downing the Strider without needing to get to the Infinte Rocket Crate.

i never used cheats , there was box of infinite rocket create somwhere

But it was fun playing cat and mouse with the strider :)

Cat: Meow!
Rat: *rat..noise*
Gordon: *Gravity Gun, WHOOSH!*

Back