Engine Error?! Please Help me!! : (

-616-

Ok, I've been to several forums and I'm hoping you guys can help me. When I play Counter-Strike Source no matter what map or anytime may it be 3 minutes or 4 hours it will automaticly close and a pop up will show up titled 'Engine Error' and below it says "failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer" and it's starting to really annoy me! so if any of you have had this problem or can help me please do! :)

did you just get CSS?? is there any new software that you have installed on the PC? have you tried closing all background applications?? If you just installted CSS did you install it fresh from the steam downloader or from a backup file?

Yeah, I figured out my problem I thought I had directX 9.0 but i dident..hehe how dumb of me but I do have a new error and its HL2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close sorry for the inconvience and i can send the error report or not and how to fix it

-616- said:
Yeah, I figured out my problem I thought I had directX 9.0 but i dident..hehe how dumb of me but I do have a new error and its HL2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close sorry for the inconvience and i can send the error report or not and how to fix it

I have the same problem can anyone help us PLZ
see the error message

Attachments

• error.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 101
Back