Engineer Update Day 2: The Wrangler and Achievements

New gamemode + 2/3 maps to accompany it is my guess! (or meet the...)

Wow your finger is so far from the pulse of the TF2 community. I'm actually surprised you could be that far off. The majority of server do not run 2fort & it is regarded by many players as boring, turtlefort or a long walk to a sentry. KOTH and Arena haven't been taken up with huge vigour but CP and PL are very much so the two most popular game modes by a significant margin. Personally I find them more attractive too, with CTF feeling a little dated these days.

The original formula is the basis of using a team with specific abilities working together. The fortress aspect isn't a constant theme but the class interactions remain the bedrock of the game. If you're not looking for a game with a mixture of game modes and prefer one set objective head on over to tetris.

If CTF is so horrible than why was the original game so successful? I have nothing against the CP mode. It's a nice change of pace from CTF and i play it occasionally. I do however think that game modes such as KOTH and Arena are nothing but filler and a complete bore to me. But, hey. Those are my opinions and i am not shoveling them down anybody's throat nor am i insulting people just because they disagree with me. I just think that Valve should focus on the two core game modes instead of introducing forgettable ones every few months.

Keep in mind the original Team Fortress is very old, so what people loved back then might be a bit stale now.

I think the popularity of the gamemodes PL and CP speaks for this when you browse the servers. I very rarely see a 2fort map anymore (though dont get me wrong I do enjoy to play on it every now and again).

A: Shoot the engineer (easy kill for spies)
B: He isn't reparing his gun.

I wonder does it require line of sight to use?

By the way, the guy who set up TF2items got a wrench. He already has a community knife and people are saying that Valve have fixed the drop system and are raging (so not much change at all on the SPUF).

The funny thing is, Drunken F00l actually acquired his Golden Wrench through cheating, or, perhaps, knowing how the system worked, got it taken away, and is now VAC banned. You should see all the chaos and commotion going on right now.

And in other news, one more wrench to go before more news. I predict some type of "Meet The..." video being shown. They haven't come out with one in a while.

By the way, the thread title says "wrangler and achievements" but the page had the wrangler and a payload map description. Huh?

Oh now I see the achievements. Dammit.

The funny thing is, Drunken F00l actually acquired his Golden Wrench through cheating, or, perhaps, knowing how the system worked, got it taken away, and is now VAC banned. You should see all the chaos and commotion going on right now.
They're saying that he used some sort of auto-crafting programme to craft like mad every time a golden wrench drop was coming up. As in, the second it was due to drop his backback would start crafting at inhuman speeds.

I made this for the laugh.
25smux5.jpg

Last wrench is dropped. A third payload map and a robot arm (that builds a faster deploying, cheaper sentry). Blog hasn't been updated yet.

Almost every thread I go to up on this end of the index page, TwwiX is talking shit.

Almost every thread I go to up on this end of the index page, TwwiX is talking shit.

I am talking shit for expressing my opinion? If you don't like my view points, simply ignore me then. Unlike you and Samon, i don't insult other members for expressing theirs.

Sadly Samon's douchebaggery is immune to the ignore feature. Yours, however, is not.

Toodles!

Valve needs to stop adding unnecessary game modes and stick to CTF like the original
HE THINKS THE ORIGINAL ONLY HAD CTF
Shut up faghat, QWTF had CP mode too. Canalzon, goddamnit. And TFC had a ton more game modes than TF2 currently does.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more CTF maps too, but claiming that these other game modes are straying from the TF formula proves you don't know SHIT about team fortress.

LOL noob, Doom maps had CTF, and CP game modes too.

And PL is just CP mode where only one side can cap points, and a "kill all enemies on cap" function like Rock2, another original TF map. TwwIX is just proving his ignorance of Team Fortress.

Back