Enlösung - The mod [ Need Help ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Willy2k

The mod Enlösung is looking for crew members with fine detailed skills.
Scripters, Graphic Designers, Texture Artist, Sound Engineers, Modellers, and Mappers.

The mod Enlösung is about Second World War, and will be a very detailed mod.
You must be able to create stuff under subject.

Known weapons as Karabiner 98k, M1 Garand, Thompson M1, MP44, MP40, and so on will be created with fine details.

Known battles as: Omaha Beach, Al Alamein, Iwo Jima, Battle of Britain, and so on will also be very nice detailed maps.

Okay, interested to create a new mod ?
Contact me:

[email protected] - [MAIL]
[email protected] - [MSN]
Skipperwilliam - [xFire]

Remember: This is hard work.
Also knowledge about Second World War 2, will be a good thing.

Ive been trying not to write this post, but I just cant help myself.

What makes this mod special compared to all those gazillion other WW2 mods? A good answer to that question might bring more people to your mod.

Very nice detailed maps obviously!

The mod will have many deatailed and realistic features.
You wont just collect health packets and so on.

I hope Enlosung != endlosung because calling your WW2 mod the final solution is just not cool

Willy2k said:

Does it have a feature that makes you trip over branches? Or the ability to clean your equipment (cloths, boots, weapons)? Can you catch a disease? What if you catch cancer in someway, do you have to stay in the hospital for years while all your hair falls of your head because of the treatment? When you die, will the game automatically delete itself and kill you?

Thats what I wanna know.

Majestic XII said:
Does it have a feature that makes you trip over branches? Or the ability to clean your equipment (cloths, boots, weapons)? Can you catch a disease? What if you catch cancer in someway, do you have to stay in the hospital for years while all your hair falls of your head because of the treatment? When you die, will the game automatically delete itself and kill you?

Thats what I wanna know.

Not that realistic.. Well, lets say to make a little feature, that if you stand still for about 80 seconds, he will begin to clean his weapon ?

john3571000 said:
I hope Enlosung != endlosung because calling your WW2 mod the final solution is just not cool

The final solution was when hitler decided to erase all jews.
But if you got any better suggestions i will be open for them.

Willy2k said:
The final solution was when hitler decided to erase all jews.
But if you got any better suggestions i will be open for them.
It's what HE called it, not the name for it. So calling your mod The Final Solution is a bit of a nazi-esque act.

Willy2k said:
Like what, then? A weapon-cleaning idle animation has no bearing or affect on gameplay whatsoever.

Ennui said:
Like what, then? A weapon-cleaning idle animation has no bearing or affect on gameplay whatsoever.

Sometimes simple ideas executed perfectly can be a refreshing change. Give this idea a chance.
Most other WW2 mods have horrible balance issues (I'm talking to you BF2 :frown: ).

99.vikram said:
Sometimes simple ideas executed perfectly can be a refreshing change. Give this idea a chance.
Most other WW2 mods have horrible balance issues (I'm talking to you BF2 :frown: ).
An idle animation has no bearing on gameplay, its just a nice little visual touch.

Simple, complex, and everything in between has been done for WWII games and mods. You have the entire spectrum, with Day of Defeat, Call of Duty, Red Orchestra, Medal of Honor, Brothers in Arms, and all of the other dozens of WWII games.

I want to know what is different about this mod.

Ennui i can see the point now. Okay from here i would like other suggestions for a mod name! And sure some help for the mod..

Another goal of the mod will be to get the players outside the screen duck when they are shot at.

so atmosphere and immersion is one of your primary goals

Longer version:

I know that other ww2 mods are quite low on effects.
I want to create a high effective mod together with a great team.
Very fine models, and realistic scenes.
I need German, British, and American Voice Actors. And Russian if possible.
Also very good sound engineers for making the best effect during gameplay.

Why bother writing short forum posts when you can upload your design concept somewhere and have us take a look at it... you do have a design concept (or design document), right?

Sure i actually almost got the whole story in my hands right now.
But im not able to get it into my computer, no digital camera, or a scanner. Sorry! I would really like to show some drawings and such for you guys.
Im filled with ideas.

99.vikram said:

The irony!

Ok this is my 2% of a dollar right here
- you have no work done at all and yet you are recruiting
- you have no public relations material prepared
- you have no idea what you are doing at all, particularly evident by your choice of mod name and misspelling it
- you do not have a website
- you plan to do things that you will never even achieve
- you are making a WW2 mod in a world sick to death of WW2 games
- oh you have no idea what you are doing because if you did you would just take all the existing Day of Defeat props, weapons and soldiers and use them
- "Known battles as: Omaha Beach, Al Alamein, Iwo Jima, Battle of Britain" battles involving aircraft, battleships, tanks. Do you have any clue what you are doing?

GIVE UP NOW
There is no point wasting your time attempting something teams as talented as Valve would fail at. Not to mention that you have no experience and do not know what you are doing...
It may be every 12 year olds dream to make their own game but damn at least aim realistically
Realistically being making singleplayer maps for HL2 - no modelling, no texturers. Just mapping and coding. If you succeed in doing that then if the time is right, simply replace the models and weapons with new ones you have created. If that works replace the sounds and voices. Etc.
Swallow your pride and realise that no dream can become a reality through enthusiasm alone - forget this idea completely. For your own good ... wasting your time on the unachievable is time you will never get back

I have a brand new feature you should add.... There was this cool WW2 weapon I heard of called the M1 Garand. No other WW2 game must have one, if you made it you would probably win the game design medal of the year. Please make that and I will play.

WOW you guys are brutal. cut the guy some slack. If you want to help post here if not try to post helpful tips. Not tell the guy "YOU WILL FAIL".

egoncalo said:
I have a brand new feature you should add.... There was this cool WW2 weapon I heard of called the M1 Garand. No other WW2 game must have one, if you made it you would probably win the game design medal of the year. Please make that and I will play.

I know the M1 Garand, and it was planned to join the mod.
M1 Garand is the best rifle about 1942.

I know alot weapons, planes, and vehicles.
I actually know alot about WW2.

egoncalo said:

so havn't u played 'brothers in arms' ?

Can someone please either close or delete this mod, i decided to cut it since i couldnt find any help for starting this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back