Enormous fish-like creature

St. Vegas said:
Haha, you could fight sharks.

Imagine that. A DOLPHIN...

Dolphins are actually renowned for killing sharks (which are their natural enemy). I remember seeing this picture in elementary school of a great white with all sorts of holes in it. Which was captioned to have been caused by an entire school of snorkels.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Dolphins are actually renowned for killing sharks (which are their natural enemy). I remember seeing this picture in elementary school of a great white with all sorts of holes in it. Which was captioned to have been caused by an entire school of snorkels.

Wait snorkels? Do you mean beaks? Your right tho, dolphins are pretty good at killing sharks, especially when the pod is large.

I was dissapointed when the Icthyosaur didnt make it into the HL2 world. I liked how much of a challenge it could be, and it would add more Zen creatures to kill.

ghostrider4450 said:
Wait snorkels? Do you mean beaks? Your right tho, dolphins are pretty good at killing sharks, especially when the pod is large.

I was dissapointed when the Icthyosaur didnt make it into the HL2 world. I liked how much of a challenge it could be, and it would add more Zen creatures to kill.

Oops, sorry I meant porpoise or whatever they're called.

I'd rather be in Ravenholm than that Icthyosaur-infested water.

Qwert93 said:
I'd rather be in Ravenholm than that Icthyosaur-infested water.
Hell yeah! That short sequence made me paranoid like hell, every single part where I had to go underwater I was sure there was an ichtysaur there.

I was aticipating one to attack me in all water levels, certainly around the Canal and Water Hazard Levels.
Offtopic about Ichthyosaur's.
I like how the developers made me anxious, I pull up to a Rebel Outpost in my Hovercraft.
Walking up the steps...
!
Two Zombies!
Die!!!1
Hmmm, two dead headcrabs, one shell, wheres the last headcrab...
Walking across a highledge aproaching a ladder... *shake*
ARGHHHHH!

Yep, I'm another one who shat themselves when ever I went into a water area in HL2...

I was sure that I was gonna be attacked, but it never came for me ;(

OHHHH those things where soooo dam scary in hl1, especially in that room were there are about four, with a bunch of bridges over the water, :eek:

^yeah, i fell in there, and i was like

OMG OMG OMG I AM DEAD!!!!

I was totaly freaking out!

like other peeps,thoughout the whole of hl2 i always feared going into the water sections as i thought tha b*stard would be around somewhere to chomp on my ass

their roar thing was so loud... eek

WHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!?!Why do you guys hate it so much!I was hoping i would see one.

What? I just spent six years getting over the Ichthyosaur in the first game. And that's after getting over the giant squid at the begining of the Echo game I used to play and the sharks from the bottom of the ocean level in Tomb Raider 2.
At first whenever I saw water in any game I'd freak out, hear the Ichthyosaur's roar in my head and then start crying. Kind of like this: ;( only with more tears and freaking out. And hyperventilation.

There were signs of healing but then Lammar messed up the teleportation and I was facing one of those unholy beasts again. Needless to say, I had to buy a new keyboard and monitor.

I have no problem with real water though.

If your that afraid of a damn 3D animal then you need some serious ass therapy dude.And I advise you you to keep your @$$ outta the water dude.But now that you mention it they did scare me .Mindin my business till I fell in the water and i saw that huge ass thing coming after me.Let's never mention this again dude!

Antlion Hunter said:
If your that afraid of a damn 3D animal then you need some serious ass therapy dude.And I advise you you to keep your @$$ outta the water dude.But now that you mention it they did scare me .Mindin my business till I fell in the water and i saw that huge ass thing coming after me.Let's never mention this again dude!

Ass therapy? From you? No thanks man, I'm not into that kind of stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Like I said, I have no probelm with real water because I know it wasn't programmed with big scary animals whose only purpose is killing me. At least not where I live.

No not ass therapy.I said serious ass.Yeah but the water does contain big scary animals whos purpose although not proven that may want to kill you.But no I didnt mean ass therapy.

There's nothing to be sorry about an ass therapy that is serious. Well, even if it is serious.

But what's with you and the word "ass"? That word has been center stage in your last couple of posts. It's like you wrote "ass ass ass" and then used a bunch of other words in between as filler.

Your not getting what Im saying.I wasnt trying to talk about a** therapy.And my reason for typing it so much is because I just cant help doing it.bUT IM NOT TRYING TO BE VULGAR SAYING WHAT i SAY.

LMFAOWTFLOLROFLBBQ

Thats what I did when I just read that little side convo you guys just had.

Ok so we dont have to continue on about this ill try to stop using a**.

And on that note lets continue to discuss the topic.

Have u noticed the Ichthyosaur kinda reminds me of a tadpole cause of its tail.

Yes, but I don't remember ever crying because of tadpoles. Even when someone I know once stepped on a bunch of them, because I am that mean.

I hope the Ichthyosaur doesn't have an evolved form.

You have no idea. Really, you don't. That's why I will have to use my special photoshoping skills (Ok, ok, PAINT skills) to create concept art of the Frogyosaur. I came up with that name by myself.
Since it's going to be so awesome it will take some time. But oh man, it will be worth the wait.

Dam i hated them things from half-life... i dont know how to spell the name so i could not be buggered..but i know what you mean.

There is only one thing scarier than the Ichthyosaur and this has been proven..................FECES THROWING MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to say to all those who enjoy beingn underwater where you can't breathe and having horrible monsters come after you with no way to defend yourself and being to slow to outswim them. Youre' nuts.

The true reason icthy has that kind of fear surrounding him is because the water is opaque.
Honestly. I'm supposed to jump in and play glock tag with that shark/wolf/veloceraptor in opaque water?

i do it all the time with a script im testing. it is scary though. i ruined many a good pair of underwear.

It'd be far less if you could just see through and drop a grenade in his path.
Good for gameplay, but damn.

Back