Enter the Tribes! a new kind of mod!

zyd

Reaction score
Enter the tribes

Seeking 3d modellers, concept artitst, Audio people, animators, skinners and programmers. (Contact info in bottom)

After a long time of inactivity (because of delay) Enter the Tribes has started to go back into work. Because of that we are looking for new team members for the mod the following will show you some aspects of the game.

Basic aspects:

- Game takes part on a small chain of islands, where a big battle between two tribes exist. The two tribes worship two different gods and both want full domination of the islands.

- Tribe camps as well as several classes able to build new and improve tribe camps (explaination will come later).

- AI tribe people wandering around in your tribes (women small and children. + forager etc when technology gets available)

- Explore powers of the tribes gods aswell the power of the shamans healing mixtures.

- Highly advanced ressource system. Wood and stone are needed to improve and build tribe camps, aswell water is needed for animals etc.
Different buildings will have different needs and tree's will be chopable (allready did a test in hl1 worked fine)

- Build defenses for your tribe, tribe wall, outposts, towers, traps (needs a special class will be mentioned later on) and as mentioned before power of the gods.

- Weapons that needs to be forged before they can be used.

Classes:

Mirachi tribe:

- Hiramitzu -
A Hiramitzu are a basic warrior in a tribe, with this class you can use all the basic weapons like spears, axes, bows, sling shots etc (all will be listed later) and will have a medium advance in combat using the different weapons. This class will be available to all players. ( this class have other named sub categories where a player can specialice in a special weapon and get better accuracy and damage on that weapon but worse on the other weapons )

- Setchenzu -
A Setchenzu is a tribe builder, this class gather ressources on the islands, this includes (stone, wood and grass basicly what is needed for building)
He uses these ressources to develop the tribe making new technologies available.
This class is a needed class for the tribe and will be limited to 3 players per team.

- Henchanzu -
A Henchanzu handles defenses in the jungles of the islands, he can place traps, make small outposts and can hear enemy walking from a longer distance. This class is usefull to detect attacking enemies + in attack to to hear if enemies are coming to assist their attacked tribe. (can specialize himself in curtain abilities in trap placing etc.)
This class is limited to 2.

- Shimanzi -
Shimanzis is the tribe shaman, this class has the power to call upon the help of the tribe gods, revive dead players on the battlefield (normally they have a 20-25 sec dead time before they can spawn in a tribe, revive gives direct resurrection at the battlefield, this saves time and helps in attacks), call upon an animal to protect you, use special abilities (e-mail or private message me for more info on these)
The tribe shaman is the leader of the tribe because of that they are limited to 1 per tribe. ( can choose a special ability way water, stone, wood or fire )

Buildings:

Basic hut:
Basic huts are made to make respawn time lower for every hut made players get respawned 1 second faster (made to imitate more houses = more people = more soldiers should be available, because of that faster respawn rate)
Basic huts are limited to 15 (might change during beta's)

Forager:
a Forager produce new weapons from where people can pick up better weapons for use in combat, this building will be necesarry if you are to beat alot of enemies.
Limited to 5 (this building needs ressources from builders to produce weapons)

Shimanzi Hut:
This hut is made for the tribe's Shimanzi's, in there Shimanzi's can gain mana faster and slowly develop new abilities through experience gained through use of power before. Healing mixtures are also produced in this hut by the Shimanzi This building is limited to 1 per camp. (shaman needs to gather plants for healing mixtures)

Outpost:
This outpost is made by the Henchanzu, outposts can be used for healing places after combat and can be various sizes depending on how many ressources he uses. (Though can this place not heal mana the Shimanzi needs a Shimanzi hut for that) Limited to 10 per tribe (these can be planted and later taken down)

Guard tower:
Basic guard tower made of wood where players can shoot arrows ect to kill incoming enemies. These are limited to 8 (These are good for protection of your tribe, together with wall enemies can sustain much damage on their attempt to break through the wall + give time for your fellow tribe members to come and help)

Walls:
Basic wall of wood that can be broken by inflicting a curtain amount of damage with it follows doors that can be built to have an opening to the tribe, these can be closed when under attack (but can be forced open in 5-10 sec of hitting)

Buildings for various animals:
These buildings exist in various kinds and are used to breed animals that can be used for several things, like speeding up ressource gathering.

More buildings might follow doing beta stages.

-------

Now you got the general idea of the mod, of course the design documents are ALOT bigger just gave some of the most important details here.

We are currently seeking 3d modellers, concept artitst, Audio people, animators, skinners and programmers

Interested ? send e-mail to [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
Homepage: www.enterthetribes.com / www.enterthetribes.dk

Thanks all questions go to e-mail or private messages

Fenric said:
Sounds a bit like Far Cry MP

its not =) its just because the design documents are pulled together down to this little hehe we started it 13 months ago then game got delayed and we went inactive 6 months ago but now we are back and ready to make it.

zyd said:
its not =) its just because the design documents are pulled together down to this little hehe we started it 13 months ago then game got delayed and we went inactive 6 months ago but now we are back and ready to make it.
Don't get me wrong, Far Cry MP sounds interesting from what I've read, kinda like TFC only more fun (did I just say that? scary)

I'd probably change the location though from islands to something different to avoid the inevitable comparisons

Fenric said:
Don't get me wrong, Far Cry MP sounds interesting from what I've read, kinda like TFC only more fun (did I just say that? scary)

I'd probably change the location though from islands to something different to avoid the inevitable comparisons

well we could change it to the amazon's or something islands just seemed more interested since good details good be added with beaches making maps more realistic instead of just one big jungle but ill take the advice in consideration

As said design pages were cut from 47 pages to this. and no shimanzi doesnt have to sit they have to be there to be able to make their healing mixtures and to regain mana there is alot you just look over some of your questions gets answerede further down but okay

The forum "Help wanted and offered" i saw it as a place i could get people's interest not a place where you can start explaining the lack of details i have in the post and then get the people watching's interest away. but its okay they said natural selection wasnt possible it it is out now so ppl will see

Back