env_soundscapes

maveryck21

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm having a problem with the env_soundscape entity. I want to use the sound:

npc/attack_helicopter/aheli_rotor_loop1.wav

but it doesn't make any sound. I've already extracted the sound and place it on the sound folder, maked an entry on the soundscapes.txt but nothing.

Any ideias?

Thanks for any help

you want a soundscape with just one sound in it? why not just use an ambient_generic?

Because i want the sound to be parented with a helicopter, and to be heared as soon as it enters in the FOV

um, why not just use npc_helicopter? and in any case, if you wanted to 'attach' a sound to a moving entity you would simply add the entity's name into the sound source field of the ambient_generic

Yes that could do it, but only by curiosity can we create our own soundscapes to ise with env_soundscape? i read that we can only use the 245 sounds available in hl2

Thanks for the help

if you want to use custom soundscapes you need to create a mod. custom soundscapes aren't possible in vanilla HL2

UltraProAnti said:
if you want to use custom soundscapes you need to create a mod. custom soundscapes aren't possible in vanilla HL2
I think this is no longer true. unless I am misunderstanding something, an update added this functionaity (I haven't tried it).

If you are third-party mapping for a game or modification and therefor can not change the original soundscapes_manifest.txt, you can give your soundscape the same name as your map and it will be loaded with this map.

For example, with a Counter-Strike: Source map called my_custom_map.bsp:

<game directory>\scripts\soundscapes_my_custom_map.txt

from Here

Back